Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Public Testing of RavenNuke(tm) v2.10.00
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:03 am Reply with quote

We have now made the theme 100% compliant but there is a small issue with some of the titles - you can't read them because the colors are black text on dark blue background. It will be fixed so please don't report it.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:34 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up!

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quote

These are now resolved. Thanks fkelly and Susann!

allenmcb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
We have now made the theme 100% compliant but there is a small issue with some of the titles - you can't read them because the colors are black text on dark blue background. It will be fixed so please don't report it.

I know this is a really old post, but I'm having this exact problem right now. We're using SlashOcean (which we all like a great deal), and in some blocks, such as "Your Info" under "Your Account" in phpnuke 8.0, the field names on the left are black text on blue backgrounds.

How can we change the field names on the left to be white text?

We looked in the style.css file, but aren't familiar enough with css to know which value to change (or if this is even the right file in the first place).

Thanks in advance for the help!

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Using v8.0 - big mistake, but your choice Wink

I'd suggest downloading RavenNuke v2.10.00 and looking at the changes that were made in the SlashOcean theme. Depending on your experience level that may be all you need. If you still can't figur it out, report back.

allenmcb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:10 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Using v8.0 - big mistake, but your choice Wink

We didn't know, Obi Won Kenobi. We thought 8.0 was from the good side of The Force.

Raven wrote:

I'd suggest downloading RavenNuke v2.10.00 and looking at the changes that were made in the SlashOcean theme. Depending on your experience level that may be all you need. If you still can't figur it out, report back.

Experience level has usually been just high enough to get me into trouble.

We'll d'load and compare the files tonight, hopefully the change will be evident. I'm assuming the file to compare will be the style.css file?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quote

allenmcb wrote:
We didn't know, Obi Won Kenobi. We thought 8.0 was from the good side of The Force.

killing me - I love it Laughing

Seriously, v8.0 is one of his worst releases of all time. Search the forums for the good, the bad, and the ugly, although it's mostly the bad and the ugly. Most of the issues, as always with his releases, is security and lack of technical support which actually match his lack of technical skill.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:10 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm assuming the file to compare will be the style.css file?

Nope. Many, many changes... even in theme.php I suspect.

allenmcb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Quote:
I'm assuming the file to compare will be the style.css file?

Nope. Many, many changes... even in theme.php I suspect.

This is bad. I had planned to sleep three or four hours this weekend, but it looks like that's out the window now. Crying or Very sad

Is there a way (and I don't know I even want to ask this, but...) to downgrade the install from 8.0 to some older version that is stable?

Also, while we're in the "Needs Counseling" mode, what would you recommend for site security, ie., a good route for installing "hacker interruptus"? I know products like Sentinel are out there, but I've never stopped to read all the literature to see what does what and what doesn't do the other.

Any suggestion that might save me grief on down the road?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quote

Bob Marion wrote a downgrade utility for 7.7 and 7.8 to 7.6 ( [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ), but I don't know of anyone who has done anything further. Your best bet is to install RavenNuke(tm) v2.1 and then move your tables over.

allenmcb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Your best bet is to install RavenNuke(tm) v2.1 and then move your tables over.

I think I'll dodge untested downgrades, but maybe one will come along to make 8.0 a healthy unit.

What is the difference between (big question here) phpnuke and RavenNuke?

Would my life be more simple as a result?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

Just to name a few -
Over 10,000 fixes, changes, corrections
Much better security
We support our product
No charge
Faster
Pre-Installed modules

allenmcb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Quote:

Just to name a few -
Over 10,000 fixes, changes, corrections
Much better security
We support our product
No charge
Faster
Pre-Installed modules

Okay, I'll bite.

Just d'loaded it, will load to server, and test it out tonight.

Any cautions or warnings concerning the MySQL databases before I dive into this? I'm assuming that during the install, I can tell 2.10 where the existing DBs are? (I hate making assumptions.)

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Yes, but you have to ensure the existing databases are in the RN2.10 expected format first. Tools like mysqldiff can be used to help with that.

allenmcb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
Yes, but you have to ensure the existing databases are in the RN2.10 expected format first. Tools like mysqldiff can be used to help with that.

RN2.10 expected format? MYSQLdiff?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quote

You said you had existing databases. You are running PHP-Nuke 8.0 right? You can't just point RN2.10 at your PHP-Nuke 8.0 databases, their formats are slightly incompatible.

If you have just installed 8.0 and don't have too much invested in it, start over with RN2.10.

If you don't want to do that, you'll have to convert your databases to be compatible with RN2.10. There is a tool called mysqldiff that can help with that.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote

If you have a copy of the table structure you can send me, I'll do the compare for you and send you a script to convert your puke 8 to RN2.10 tables

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quote

killing me One thing, for sure, about this Team - You pretty much always know our opinion killing me

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Public Testing of RavenNuke(tm) v2.10.00

View next topic
View previous topic