Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
mtrotter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quote

I have a very similiar problem to what has already been discussed in here. I am basically going to post again in hopes that my problem can be adressed specifically. It may be similiar or there may be other issues.

Installation went fine. Here are the steps I took.

1. Created a mysql database wiht a user + all privligaes.

2. Uploaded all the files from within the htmL folder on my desktop to the HTML folder on my root directory. (So now I have a folder called HTML on my root that has all the files in it.-is this correct?)

3. I then edited my config to match my database settings.

4. In MySQL it said tables loaded and setup successfully

5. went to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

These all show up as blank pages, although the IE explorer recognizes it as a PHP-NUKE Generated page.

So it seems that I am almost there, but not sure where I went wrong. Are there a few steps that I am missing??

I read something about a missing theme in the last post, not sure if that could be it.

Any Help would be appreciated.

I am using PHP-NUKE Version 7.9

Maceo

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Well first things first, most phpNuke versions after 7.6 have known insecurities. Therefore I would recommend using RavenNuke, which is probably the most secure version out there and the fastest.

Secondly RN is really easy to install and the instructions are very comprehensive so it shouldn't take you long to get up and running.

If you want to persist with 7.9 it is difficult to tell what the problem is, it looks like you have made the right steps. You should go into the config.php file and turn on error checking, then post any errors you get here. This will give us a better idea of what the issues are.

Jakec

Susann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quote

"(So now I have a folder called HTML on my root that has all the files in it.-is this correct?)"
Normally you upload the files directly into the root but if you like to install in a folder called HTML the path would look like this:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

mtrotter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Well first things first, most phpNuke versions after 7.6 have known insecurities. Therefore I would recommend using RavenNuke, which is probably the most secure version out there and the fastest.

Secondly RN is really easy to install and the instructions are very comprehensive so it shouldn't take you long to get up and running.

If you want to persist with 7.9 it is difficult to tell what the problem is, it looks like you have made the right steps. You should go into the config.php file and turn on error checking, then post any errors you get here. This will give us a better idea of what the issues are.

Jakec

Ok I went into the config to turn on error checking and when i went to my poage i got this:

Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/u6/maceo/html/mainfile.php on line 74

Warning: main(themes/DeepBlue/theme.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u6/maceo/html/mainfile.php on line 1040

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'themes/DeepBlue/theme.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /home/u6/maceo/html/mainfile.php on line 1040

Warning: main(themes/DeepBlue/theme.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u6/maceo/html/mainfile.php on line 1284

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'themes/DeepBlue/theme.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /home/u6/maceo/html/mainfile.php on line 1284

Warning: head(themes/DeepBlue/theme.php) [function.head]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u6/maceo/html/header.php on line 31

Warning: head() [function.include]: Failed opening 'themes/DeepBlue/theme.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /home/u6/maceo/html/header.php on line 31

Fatal error: Unknown function: themeheader() in /home/u6/maceo/html/header.php on line 51

Thanks for any help.

Maceo

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote

Make sure you have the file
themes/DeepBlue/theme.php

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
mtrotter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
Make sure you have the file
themes/DeepBlue/theme.php

DUH! Thanks a lot man. ===> such a noob. When I ftp'd the folder, not all the elements came through. I had to delete and re- ftp them to the site. This time I just let them load for about 30 minutes with no interruptions and they al came through.

Thank you so much

Sincerely;
embarrassed

PS: I know Ill prolly have a few more questions after everything is set up and I start putting in paypal modules and such.

mtrotter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Ok, that is fixed now. The default page displays fine now however I am getting another error message. I was able to go into admin and set up super admin and modify some of the preferences just fine but when I went to activate the forum module, there is no foum on my site. I went to modules, and then clicked on the "forum" icon so I can set the forums up and it directed me to a blank page. This is the link it took me to...
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Which is a blank web page ????? Im a bit confused here. This icon should open up parameters so that I can create my forums but it doesnt.

Thanks
Maceo

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Are you using the admin God account and a user account w/ forums admin (user_level = 2)?

mtrotter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
Are you using the admin God account and a user account w/ forums admin (user_level = 2)?

Ummm.. How do I check if I am. I am using the ADMIN GOD account only. I didnt go through the registration process myself when I created the site. It registered me automatically when I set up the SUPER USER ACCOUNT.

What should I be using???

Thanks

mtrotter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:

I think I am. Whenever I log out of the admin panel and then execute the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it takes me immediately back into the admin panel without even having to log in??? Weird. I went over to my moms haouse and got on her computer and when i went to the php.admin url I was able to log into it normally, and when I went to the forums link it worked fine!! I was able to set up forums from her comp. Only seems to not work on my computer.

And when I go into update user. It has me in there with user ID 2

Maceo

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quote

You may try deleting all your temporary files, cookies, etc etc etc off the computer you use. See if that helps.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic