Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Conversion Issues From v2.02
ozbutcher
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quote

I did a fresh install of 2.10 instead of upgrading. Can I import the whole table data from 2.02 or have the table structures changed in 2.10?

Also whats the best way to import a whole table using phpmyadmin if somebody has some tips please.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:54 am Reply with quote

ozbutcher, see the following script to get an idea of what has changed:

INSTALLATION\rndb_upgrade.php

My personal recommendation? I would have done the upgrade as per the HowToInstall manual regarding upgrades. It has now been tested on many live production sites.

Sorry, but I have to run...

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quote

If your 2.02 tables are still separate from your 2.10 tables you could just run the rndb_upgrade.php against your 2.02 tables and then change your 2.10 copy of config.php to point to your upgraded 2.02 tables. I think. I'm always cautious about making "ad hoc" recommendations like this because there may be some angle I'm not thinking of. So have a backup.

Where you will get with phpmyadmin and importing a table varies depending on your server but most have a limit on the size of the SQL file that can be imported. There is a recent thread on bigdump that might be of interest to you in this regard, it is really a superior tool to get around size limits on restores and it's easy to set up. Even with it though you can run into size limits on some servers.

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:20 am Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Reason I didn't do the upgrade was because I mucked up some core files when I applied a mod (long time ago, too many mods) which stuffed up my user profile screen.

I did try the update on a duplicate site but it didn't fix the problem. Thats why I wanted to do a clean install and just bring in the data from my main site.

What I ended up doing was updating the duplicate site and then saving the table data from there and importing it into my clean install. Bit of mucking around but hey!

montego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:32 am Reply with quote

Great job!

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote

I happen to be in the midst of a host change (to RavenHosting of course) and also did a clean install, hoping to "import" part/most of my database into the new one. Had planned to leave the old site running while i worked on the new one, but I can't do the database upgrade on old site without upgrading the old site, which will cause several of my blocks, themes, and features to not function properly. Would be alot of extra work....

I'm not familiar enough with SQL syntax to apply the changes i see in INSTALLATION\rndb_upgrade.php

so.... would there happen to be an sql upgrade script out there?? I didnt see one in the distro....

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote

You could do it the same way I did spasticdonkey...

I created a duplicated of my old website. copied \burntsite into say \testforum
and I also duplicated the mysql database.

Then I upgraded the duplicate site \testforum and exported the database from that site for the fresh install!

haha. sounds like a lengthy process but it works! Smile

PS: if you have some webserver software installed on your home computer its even easier and much quicker! you could use software such as Xampp for Windows.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Conversion Issues From v2.02

View next topic
View previous topic