Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Themes Issues
ohem

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote

Hi!

There's problem with the forum template, as it's being included within the theme. When i activated for "uploading picture from your computer" and tried uploading, i get an almost blank page.

Only the theme itself, all left blocks are intact but if i jump to "DeepBlue" theme i do see the profile page with avatar uploading.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote

I don't know. I downloaded the fiblack theme from Nukemods and installed it on my RN2.10 test site. I had to turn error reporting off because the theme is riddled with errors that no one seemed to care about in previous releases but, with errors off, it seemed to work fine.

I went into Forums and that worked fine too. I'm assuming that you had to go into Forums preferences and allow people to upload pictures. I'd never do that so I wasn't used to that feature. Then I went to the user profile and uploaded a picture from my computer. That says it worked. But no, I don't see the picture there. I don't see it in Deepblue however either. I even tried uploading it in Deepblue and it says it did but the picture isn't there.

The I tried selecting the avatar from the gallery. I can get the profile to show the picture (or graphic really) from the gallery. But as soon as I go out to the forums it's not there anymore and when I come back into to profile it's gone too. And all that's in DeepBlue.

So, I guess there is a bug or bugs in this area but I don't think it's specific to fiblack. There are some things in Nuke that I personally just don't care enough about to go chasing code to try to resolve them and this is one of them. We'll log it in our bug reporting area as a probable bug and maybe someone else can test to confirm it. Or maybe someone knows a lot more about this area than I do and can help more immediately.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quote

Have you set permissions for the forums/images/ folder?
ie: chmod 777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:06 am Reply with quote

Darn you are good CodyG. I was just coming back to report that and you were already here. I was looking at my log and it couldn't find the avatar file even though the screen was submitted to upload it. Then I changed permissions of /modules/forums/images/avatars to 777 and sure enough the image loaded.

I don't think this has anything to do with fiblack.

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quote

Smile

Dance-Stick

fkelly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote

Just to put closure on this. On my test system I went and changed the permissions to 777. Then I went in and changed the theme I use to fiblack. Then I tested uploading a avatar image and it works fine. It displays okay in the forums too.

Having the directory 777 gives me the willies though. I found a nice little animated gif to use as my avatar though so it's almost tempting.

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quote

For years I disallowed avatar uploading and the routine was that the user would send me the avatar in an email and I would then put it in a directory and they could choose it from there. Of course, it was way more work for me.

About a year ago I changed my mind and allowed avatar uploading hoping Sentinel would watch for something that shouldn't be there. So far no problems, but then this site is closed to the general public and registration is by approval only. But, I know what you mean, that 777 thing can give you nightmares.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Themes Issues

View next topic
View previous topic