Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
JoAnne
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quote

Hi

I just upgraded from 2.5.05 to 2.5.06

When I went to the /nsnst.php to run the upgrade, there was no 2.5.05 to 2.5.06 in the drop down menu. I ran 2.5.04 to 2.5.05 and now it is stating the version is still 2.5.05 but that it is up to date Confused Confused

Thanks

JoAnne

REEL SOUND of MUSIC

United Sound of Music

wiz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote

hmm try re-uploading the files and running it again. I noticed a temporary glitch in the version number when i upgraded my 3 nuke sites, but it sorted itself

JoAnne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quote

wiz wrote:
hmm try re-uploading the files and running it again. I noticed a temporary glitch in the version number when i upgraded my 3 nuke sites, but it sorted itself

Hi Wiz

OK, I'll try that

Strange, because in my database it states:

version_newest 2.5.05
version_number 2.5.05

Thanks

JoAnne

wiz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quote

it is strange..check your sentinel download, i forget off memory what it is called. But there is a folder within the sentinel download that actually has the upgrade scripts in it. Check for your upgrade script, in there it should be something like..
2.5.05-2.5.06.php
If it isnt there on your server..then it missed it during the upload, if it is not in your downloaded pack...re-download it from nukescripts.
Sometimes Servers limit the number of FTP connections, if you use a program like Filezilla, like i do. You can set the number of simultaneous transfers. Filezilla can transfer upto 10 files at once, but my server will only accept 8 connections. If i set it to 8 tho, i can be almost certain i will get errors with a module ive uploaded. So i always upload it twice if something isnt quite right.

JoAnne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote

I went into the file manager on the server and the nsnst_installer folder has the file up2505-2506.php in it and the nsnst.php file has the line: case "up2505-2506":include("nsnst_installer/up2505-2506.php");break;

wiz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote

weird. Maybe some of the Senti guys or gals (Susann Wink could confirm whether that script could be run directly from a browser. If it could that would be one way to run it.

JoAnne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Could this have anything to do with the fact that I have moved my sites to a new host? ... server settings or something? I say this because I have had problems with other programs in installing and updating since I have moved to this new host. Everything appears to be ok, but I keep running into problems like this. Sad Confused

wiz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quote

was your new host, Raven?

If one upgrade script will work for senti, then they all should, i wouldve thought.

JoAnne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote

wiz wrote:
was your new host, Raven?

If one upgrade script will work for senti, then they all should, i wouldve thought.

No... not Raven

My other upgrades were not with the new host though. I know it doesn't make sense.... but something is wrong Confused

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Might be a stupid question but are you updating on the right server? I assume you had to change your nameservers to point to your new host and that you have checked it has propogated ok?

wiz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quote

if you can still navigate to your old server, turn the site off with the senti switch.
Then you will easily see if you are browsing to the correct server.

JoAnne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Might be a stupid question but are you updating on the right server? I assume you had to change your nameservers to point to your new host and that you have checked it has propogated ok?

Yes, I am updating to right server as I can see the file changes. Simple changes are taking affect with no problem.

Before I tried to update NukeSentinel, I was on 2.5.05 and it stated that there was an update available. Now it is stating that NukeSentinel 2.5.05 is update! and in my database it states:

version_newest 2.5.05
version_number 2.5.05

wiz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote

thats roughley the brief error i got, however i didnt do anything to change it, but in the block displayed i was using 06.

On a side note..one of my test sites was still using pl5 and when i upgraded that, i saw no errors..maybe its a bug with the 2.5.05-2.5.06.php

JoAnne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote

wiz wrote:
thats roughley the brief error i got, however i didnt do anything to change it, but in the block displayed i was using 06.

On a side note..one of my test sites was still using pl5 and when i upgraded that, i saw no errors..maybe its a bug with the 2.5.05-2.5.06.php

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this?

Maybe we will some more posts to find out.

Thanks

JoAnne

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't experience this error. Installed and shows 2.5.06 as it should.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
wiz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote

yeh mine does now...it was a very brief error. Anyway im not the one having problems, sorry Joanne.

JoAnne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote

FireATST wrote:
Sorry, didn't experience this error. Installed and shows 2.5.06 as it should.

Was this a fresh install or an upgrade?

FireATST

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote

That was an upgrade.

JoAnne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote

FireATST wrote:
That was an upgrade.

Thanks FireATST

Alright.... let me get this blonde hair out of my way and try this again Wink

FireATST

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quote

yw...I wish you the best of luck.... Cheers

JoAnne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:50 am Reply with quote

I re-uploaded the update once again..... and this time it worked!! Image

So either my ftp is messing up or it was the blonde hair again! Shocked Laughing

I am using SmartFTP, can anyone recommend a better one?

Thank you to everyone for your help in this!!

JoAnne

wiz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote

FTP clients do that sometimes. You could tryFilezilla its fairly simple to use. Just google for it but i think its http://mozilla.org

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:10 am Reply with quote

I do KNOW that the NS upgrade to 2.5.06 has the correct code in it for changing the version number to 2.5.06. We copied that code into the upgrade script for RN2.10 so it was there and worked properly. You are just looking at a glitch.

FireATST

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Glad to hear it is working now JoAnne.....I like filezilla myself... Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic