Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
jjh221
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:27 am Reply with quote

This is a request...

Would someone out there like to work on something?

There is an Auction for phpbb: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
for phpbb forums.

Was wondering if anyone would like to help me work on creating a module for php nuke like this one: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
of course when I find something its on a site I cant understand and a price I cant afford. :rolleyes:

Now I dont know anything about php really so id be um little to no help really. Tonight ima try to get to mess around with it, see what I can come up with.

thanks,
j

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quote

well nobody will work on this for free...
and the phpbb action was once reported for being vulnerable.
i did read some conversations about creating a module and it looks like somebody was busy with that but further info isnt available..

jjh221

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:31 pm Reply with quote

I just tried, I cant do it. I give up.

Maybe ill just buy it. I hope its in english

roysatx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quote

Phpbb-auction has apparently been abandoned by it's developers. Reasons unknown, but no posts from the lead developer have been made to the phpbb forums in two-years and the phpbb-auction website seems to be spam-bot central!

This is unfortunate. It was a fine concept and a great deal of time was obviously spent working on it – much more than the vast majority of other MODS for phpbb. The security vulnerabilities are there, but they are all due to overlooking or ignoring a few simple, well-documented acceptable coding practices. The phpbb MOD developers forum is clear on these practices and has many FAQs, how-to's and posts regarding them.

Had the developers just spent a few hours researching these practices and then coded accordingly all their time and effort wouldn't have been such a waste. The problem now is that, while the solutions are simple, they are many!

I've been half-heartedly thinking about taking on the task, mostly because if these vulnerabilities are corrected and the code cleaned up (a lot) the project could still turn out to be a solid little auction application.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quote

There is no indication how long phpBB are going to continue with the 2.x branch so for something like this which has to potential to be the sites main attraction, if it were me, I would definitely go the nuke module route rather than a bbtonuke mod.

jjh221

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quote

roysatx, well if you would like any help, i wouldnt be much let me know ill do my best.

like guardian said, this would be a good attraction to a site and perhaps a small income for the webmaster. I think its a great idea to auction off goods within your community.

mbsimonds

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jjh221

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:58 pm Reply with quote

cool is there a test site for this $10 module? Ill finish reading that site here in a sec, just wanted to ask if users pay to post?

ok i skipped down to bottom. How about you use a secure payment download thingy for this. Being that it is new and on a site thats for sale, and well i dont trust it already.

jjh221

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote

The current module has only been tested on PHPNuke 7.9. It may or may not work on previous or later version of Nuke. The live auction is running on PCNuke's PCMax Extreme version 7.9.

The new NukeAuction Revamped module includes a modification you can make to your phpbb files so that your members auction feedback rating will show under their name in the forums. (NOTE: your members auction username must be the same as their forum username.)

So does this mean it doesnt use the nuke users database?

If 9 people would like to donate 1 dollar Smile Says i can resell it.

roysatx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quote

jjh221 - here's my $2 IOU ROTFL
Just kidding. This whole thing smells fishy.

jjh221

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote

lol thanks! yeah, think it was either purchased or they just want to take the money and run.

mbsimonds

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote

Man you people are paranoid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic