Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro
thesportsvoice
Client

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Ok I have 2 websites that are running
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

and the new one will be [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Now I have uploaded The Custom 7.0 pack to the seperate file for 5GCivic but I think I have the files set up wrong. I've created a "subdomain" under thesportsvoice.com

How do I go about getting nuke to work for the subdomain?

Here is the path I have it as /public_html/5GCivic/

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:53 pm Reply with quote

That's not really a subdomain. A subdomain would be like raven.thesportsvoice.com . You really need to be using the add-on domain function of cPanel. If you do that, then you just point the DNS from your registrar to RWH just like you did your original one.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
That's not really a subdomain. A subdomain would be like raven.thesportsvoice.com . You really need to be using the add-on domain function of cPanel. If you do that, then you just point the DNS from your registrar to RWH just like you did your original one.

I have registered (5gcivic.com) and had it point to these name servers
NS1.RAVENWEBHOSTING.COM
NS2.RAVENWEBHOSTING.COM

Then under addon Domain Maintenance I have

5gcivic.com (thecivic) listed under current addon domains

then there is a folder under / public_html / thecivic

and I have these folders under thecivic

admin 755
blocks 755
cgi-bin 755
db 755
images 755
includes 755
language 755
modules 755
ravenHacks 755
themes 755
Create New File
admin.php 16 k 644
auth.php 2 k 644
backend.php 2 k 644
banners.php 16 k 644
config.php 3 k 644
footer.php 2 k 644
header.php 2 k 644
index.php 2 k 644
mainfile.php 39 k 644
modules.php 3 k 644
robots.txt 0 k 644
ultramode.txt

What eles do i need to set up?

Last edited by thesportsvoice on Sat May 01, 2004 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:13 pm Reply with quote

Wait for it to resolve. Then in your nuke preferences point SiteURL to that domain.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Wait for it to resolve. Then in your nuke preferences point SiteURL to that domain.

I has been up for a while, where is the nuke preferences located?

This is the current error it pulls when you go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Quote:
Warning: message_die(language/lang_english/lang_main.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thesport/public_html/thecivic/includes/functions.php on line 700

Warning: message_die(): Failed opening 'language/lang_english/lang_main.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thesport/public_html/thecivic/includes/functions.php on line 700
phpBB :

Could not connect to the database

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:26 pm Reply with quote

That error means your database connection is not working. The system is unable to connect to MySQL (nuke database) and pull in the nuke_config table. Check your new nuke database id/pass (for this domain) and make sure it is correct in your nuke config.php file.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:54 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
That error means your database connection is not working. The system is unable to connect to MySQL (nuke database) and pull in the nuke_config table. Check your new nuke database id/pass (for this domain) and make sure it is correct in your nuke config.php file.

Well this is what the config file looks like. What username and password is it looking for again? Should I use the same as the other site?

Code:
$dbhost = "localhost";

$dbuname = "root";
$dbpass = "";
$dbname = "";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "SdFk*fa28367-dm56w69.3a2fDS+e9";
$gfx_chk = 7;

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:00 pm Reply with quote

Using cPanel, you have to create a new database for your new site. Then you create a username and pass for that database and then give access to that username for that database. Then you update config.php with the database name, userid, and pass.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:01 pm Reply with quote

You might want to refer to the Nuke Manual and Idiot's Guide for some pointers.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:23 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Using cPanel, you have to create a new database for your new site. Then you create a username and pass for that database and then give access to that username for that database. Then you update config.php with the database name, userid, and pass.

Ok I have done all that, now looking at it I do not have any tables under the new database. I'm reading through the Nuke Manual for some info but I'm stuck at this point.

Looks like I need to locate the sql files, when I pull them up through the file it looks like there are two, which one do I need?

orig-nuke
raven-nuke

I foind these under Raven-PHP-Nuke-7 > sql

Last edited by thesportsvoice on Sat May 01, 2004 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:30 pm Reply with quote

In the sql folder of the distribution.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
In the sql folder of the distribution.

Ok I used the raven-nuke and looks like the site is up Very Happy

Is this all I need?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:36 pm Reply with quote

Just adjust the siteurl in admin preferences and domain name in Forum Configuration.

thesportsvoice

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Just adjust the siteurl in admin preferences and domain name in Forum Configuration.

sweet, done and done thanks again Raven, leaning alot with all this stuff I've never done before.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Value Added Services Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro

View next topic
View previous topic