Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
violative

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quote

Hi, I Installed NSN_News_200rc2_70-79 On My Test Site Running rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.00_FULL, I added The FPDF library In ("modules/".$module_name."/fpdf/fpdf.php"). I Get These ERRORS:
When I Click on The PDF icon.

Warning: PrintPage(modules/News/fpdf/fpdf.php) [function.PrintPage]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/antiterr/public_html/modules/News/public/NEPortable.php on line 39

Fatal error: PrintPage() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'modules/News/fpdf/fpdf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/antiterr/public_html/modules/News/public/NEPortable.php on line 39

I Searched for help, but found none. Can Someone please advice me on how I can make this work.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Is the fdpd directory in modules/News?

violative

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quote

YES I Stated That,,"("modules/".$module_name."/fpdf/fpdf.php")" Bang Head Laughing I Think That is Modules/News.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote

I don't mean to be flippant - but it never hurts to double check. There are many posts where people find that all is not what it seems when they double check.

The next things I would check are the file permissions, then determine if the command used to open the file is supported on your server's version of PHP with the PHP.ini settings on your server.

violative

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quote

Wow, dude thanks for your help, but (double check)?? The fdpd directory Is still In modules/News With Permissions CHMOD 777. "PHP with the PHP.ini settings on your server" What?? I Never Saw Anything About PHP.ini settings In The How To Install File. Sorry man I Question If You Know What You Are Talking About. Anyways I Download This Module NSN_News_200rc2_70-79 Here At This Wedsite. I Followed The Install Instructions Correctly. Nowhere In The Instructions Did It States To Download fpdf.php File From [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I Saw It in The \modules\News\public\NEPortable.php File That Calls Fpdf A@ ("modules/".$module_name."/fpdf/fpdf.php" (thats in the modules/News)
Before I Installed "/fpdf/fpdf.php") Nuke rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.00_FULL(Downloaded Here Too) States NOTHING, I Get a White Blank Page "That I Know There's An Error Somewere" Now When I installed "/fpdf/fpdf.php" It States:

Warning: PrintPage(modules/News/fpdf/fpdf.php) [function.PrintPage]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/antiterr/public_html/modules/News/public/NEPortable.php on line 39

Fatal error: PrintPage() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'modules/News/fpdf/fpdf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/antiterr/public_html/modules/News/public/NEPortable.php on line 39

There Is Some Error I Dont Understand On "Line 39"
!!!!!THATS WHERE I NEED THE HELP!!!!!!!!

Now So Why You State "There are many posts where people find that all is not what it seems when they double check" Bang Head

Sorry Man, But I Understand English Only: Can Anyone Please Help, Make This Module Work, Thank You Ahead Of Time.
PS: Do You Guys Even Support Your Own RavensScripts Modules ????
P.P.S I Dont Have Or Use PHP.ini

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:56 am Reply with quote

First, we support almost all modules - even those that were not created here. If you read the installation instructions carefully (or even the download description), how did you not realize that NSN News was created by NukeScripts.net, not RavenPHPScripts.com (which explains why the RN installation states NOTHING about installing it)? Many of the downloads available on this and most other sites were not written, maintained or supported by the site that has the download.

Next, I never said you did not follow the instructions, nor did I claim to be an expert on this module. I am simply trying to help, though it appears you're looking for something else.

I do know enough to know that EVERY installation of PHP-Nuke (whether it's RN or another distribution) requires PHP, which requires PHP.ini. In most installations, this is controlled by the webhost. But you can override it. The reason I point that out is that webhosts configure that file differently - and some of the settings may be impacting your ability to dynamically create PDFs. This may require the ability to create temp files and is NOT something every host allows or sets up properly.

I stated that there are many posts where people find answers when they double check to explain why I was asking you to double check. I'd be happy to point you to examples, in English, so you can understand.

If you look at the file in question (modules/News/public/NEPortable.php, line 39 is:
Code:
  require_once("modules/".$module_name."/fpdf/fpdf.php");

It's inside a function, but the $module_name variable is global and *should* have a value. If it doesn't (i.e. $module_name has no value inside that function), that would explain why it can't find the file. If you check your site's error log, you may find the exact file it's trying to load (i.e. you will see the value of the $module name). You might try changing line 39 to read:
Code:
  require_once("modules/News/fpdf/fpdf.php");

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:29 am Reply with quote

violative, did this solve your problem?

KennyW
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote

He's so rude,why give him any help.

wonder if he has made all the changes at all,I have nstalled this baby many times and never had any problem with the PDF function

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote

Maybe he found a needle in a haystack and understanding his issue could help with other possible issues... Sometimes people realize later, after calming down, that biting the hand that's trying to feed you isn't always the best approach. Well, we can hope, right?

KennyW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote

Yeah youre right about that,I think do guys are doing a great job here.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quote

yes i agree to..... killing me
i naturaly saw this topic but didnt replied cause i didnt knew what to say...
i absolutely dont recognise the error,and even google doesnt know.
and if google never heard of it then you got something special....
must be or a bad install,or corrupted,or its installed in a way we dont know about... Laughing

violative

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote

Sorry guys. Thanks for the help. I was offline for a while got a new computer, last one was stolen Mad . I will try to reinstall this module again. But for your question "did this solve your problem?" no it did not. I Will try again thanks I let you all know. Anyone want ftp access to my site:?: may be you can help me install some modules I like from here? or maybe not. but thanks agian for your help.

P.S I also think guys are doing a great job here.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quote

FTP might help but I'd like to see the error log from your control panel. Where is it trying to locate the file? If it's not a $module_name variable issue, it might be a PHP.ini path issue, but that would really surprise me. Then again, as hitwalker mentioned, the whole issue is surprising...

With FTP access, I could still see the PHP.ini values and trap the error when trying to create the PDF. Please send it via PM.

violative

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote

kk but I have delete the whole site and uploaded rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.00_FULL. i'll sent you ftp now if you still want.?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quote

Wish I had gotten this last night...go ahead and send if it still doesn't work on your refreshed site.

violative

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote

kk will do. i'll retry to make it work if not, i'll pm you ftp pass and info.
Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic