Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
stag

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:46 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help me telling how to alter width in viewtopic.php. I am running phpnuke 6.5 with subsilver theme

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:33 am Reply with quote

please give me a bit more information on what exactly you are trying to do with your forum. Then I can assist you. Thanks Razz

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
stag

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:44 am Reply with quote

Well, On this page itself you see the forum to be fitting nicely in the 800x600 browser page. I want to show the right blocks on this page of the forum where you see the actual post text. But my problem is that when i do that, the view goes beyond the width of 800x600 browser and the bottom scroll bar appears. So i want to alter the width of the viewtopic table to fit in. I tried several variavles in viewtopic php and tpl files but nothing helped. Please tell me what variable to tweak to alter the table size.

Thanks for the prompt response above.

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:46 am Reply with quote

please open the forums on your site to all visitors for a little bit.. and give me the url so that i can see what is going on. Thanks Razz

stag

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:56 am Reply with quote

thanks

Last edited by stag on Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total 
jaded

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:05 am Reply with quote

The problem is not with just the viewtopic. Your forums will stretch the page no matter what you do as long as you are showing both the right and left blocks. The forum will fit perfectly if you remove the right blocks.. In order to get a forum that will fit your theme without the stretching you would have to find a forum that is designed for a smaller width. I have never seen one. Everyfile of the forum would have to be adjusted to use it as is. That would be very time intensive. The images themselves might need to be modified if the are all not repeating. I will see if anyone else i know might have some ideas for you. I hope that you understand what i am saying. Good luck to you Razz

stag

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:07 am Reply with quote

thanks

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote

I'm curious, what's the adjustment done to prevent forums from going off into neverland on your screen when someone either posts an out of bound quote, copy of code, etc..

I've noticed that this site prevents that by wrapping the text so it doesn't go off the screen. How is that accomplished exactly?

I've searched the forum by wrap text, etc... and can't find any mention of it, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks

jucks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:25 am Reply with quote

and what if somone writes a long like like..

how come on my site it stretches the page??

also does anyone know how to edit the main forum index in phpnuke, i have played with the tpl files but if anything it only makes the index bigger inside the module, if u know what i mean.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote

Unfortunately that is the way HTML works.

What exactly are you trying to edit? You should start with the overall_header.tpl file

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
jucks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, il be more specific...
I run a clan website, [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] when you click on Forums in the menu, it displayes the forum index as the module, at a tidy size but i would like to make the forum index slightly wider on the page, also on some posts the page is very stretched and i need to use the bottom scroll bar, and on others its at a perfect size.. I have played about with overall header file, and the most i can do with regards to making the forum index wider is.. Make it wider inside the table, in php nuke.. I was wondering if it might have something to do with the php nuke module part of it? PS Thanks for a fast reply Regards, Jay.

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quote

It looks like the only real width that is being controlled is in your theme header
Code:

<table class="bodyline" width="80%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">

The other widths are set to 100% or they are the block width (width=170)
Changing the above width to 100% will expand to the width of the user's window.

jucks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:34 am Reply with quote

In which file is that code?

evaders99

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quote

Your theme header - usually header.html or theme.php

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic