Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Public Testing of RavenNuke(tm) v2.10.00
helidoc
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:25 am Reply with quote

I can only imagine you've been asked this time and time again Twisted Evil
Just curious as to an eta, just got tasked to build my third nuke site and would really love to give it a run with this version. Sites 1 and 2 run your .02 distro so I look forward to upgrading them when the time comes tho with this new site I wouldn't mind building it with a fresh .10 Smile

Excellent work you guys/gals commitment to the community is bar none the best!

nooblet
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:10 am Reply with quote

ive been waiting for this release too.. any rough date? Very Happy

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:22 am Reply with quote

Our website was hacked last night. I have taken the site offline for the moment. It looks like the guys went through our donations node. The config tables were completely corrupted, from there they hacked the PHPBB forums. We have been up for 2.5 years and only hacked twice. I have never run a raven release, instead applying all the security fixes on my own and running Sentinel. However, this time around, I would like to try the raven release. As long as the table structures aren't off too badly, I should be able to write the SQL scripts to migrate the code. I'll have to verify my version, it's been about 6 months since I patched anything. I believe it was 7.5 (whatever the last release was before PHPNuke started charging).

I can take the donations node down and get the latest PHPBB fixes (if there are any... probably are). With that in mind, should I wait for the .10 release or go ahead and get the website back up again on the older version?

Thanks!

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quote

If you are going to migrate your existing tables and their data then you will need to fix them anyway. So I'd recommend you fix your existing site then migrate to RN2.10 when it's available. There are upgrade scripts in the release ... at least from several versions of Nuke to 7.6 and maybe from 2.02 to 2.10. If you've customized things then you'll need to customize those scripts but they'd be a good starting point rather than totally "rolling your own". So to speak of course.

valdarez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Problem is, I'm not 100% sure of how they got into the website. I'm guessing it was via the Donations node, because I found it out that it was corrupted. The only other table corrupted was the table containing the forum titles. Couple the unknown with the fact that the last time we were hacked, about 6 months ago, something got messed up with our forums section and I continued to receive a blank screen for the PHPBB administration (been doing everything manually in the DB, when necessary).

I'm only running a couple of custom nodes, one for the donations and a shoutbox. Other than that it's just straight up Nuke. So hopefully a clean install, then data migration will work...

Looked at the code tonight, and I'm running version 7.5. It doesn't seem that a move from 7.5 to 7.6 won't be too painful... I think I would prefer to start with a clean install, and simply migrate the data myself. I'll do a table by table comparison to make sure the tables/data line up. Is there a big difference between 7.5 and 7.6 in regards to the DB tables that would make this an inadvisable approach?

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quote

In the 2.02 distribution on this site (downloads) in the phpNuke_7.6docs\upgrades\7.6 there is an upgrade script. You will need to look at your own settings and whether you've customized things but it could be a good starting point. Once you get to 7.6 you'll need to get to 2.02 of Ravennuke and then eventually you'll want to get to 2.10, but the changes are not that many or that complicated and the issues have been discussed extensively here.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:26 am Reply with quote

helidoc wrote:
I can only imagine you've been asked this time and time again Twisted Evil
Just curious as to an eta, just got tasked to build my third nuke site and would really love to give it a run with this version. Sites 1 and 2 run your .02 distro so I look forward to upgrading them when the time comes tho with this new site I wouldn't mind building it with a fresh .10 Smile

Excellent work you guys/gals commitment to the community is bar none the best!

Yes, you are right, this has been asked time-and-time again and the answer will always be the same: "when Raven says it is ready"!

We have talked about a january release and we are really close, but it does no good to release this and you have issues with some portion of it. Nothing will EVER be perfect, but we are doing are best to find and fix what we can before release...

nooblet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Last 3 days before feb.. Very Happy

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quote

You guys keep pushing and it may become Jan 2008! Wink Believe me, we're CLOSE! Unless any other issues are found, we are wrapping up the upgrade scripts and documentation....

nooblet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
You guys keep pushing and it may become Jan 2008! Wink Believe me, we're CLOSE! Unless any other issues are found, we are wrapping up the upgrade scripts and documentation....

Thats cool! Rolling Eyes

valdarez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Regarding the upgrade scripts. Will I be able to upgrade from a 7.5 version of Nuke (non-Raven based)? In another post, it was suggested that I upgrade to 2.02.02 first, and then to 2.10. That was my plan, but for some reason the PHP MyAdmin from my provider is not allowing me to export my database, and I'm not going to do anything until I have a backup of the database to fall back on should anything go awry during the upgrade process. Since it's nearly the end of January, I could go ahead and wait for the 2.10 release now... It's kind of a race... will my provider get the PHP Admin export functionality working first... or will RavenNuke 2.10 be released first? Smile

nooblet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:51 am Reply with quote

ur provider will be the 1st one i guess.. Very Happy

nooblet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:00 am Reply with quote

Jan 29... last 2 days before feb.. Bang Head

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:14 am Reply with quote

valdarez wrote:
That was my plan, but for some reason the PHP MyAdmin from my provider is not allowing me to export my database, and I'm not going to do anything until I have a backup of the database to fall back on should anything go awry during the upgrade process.

To backup your database you do not need to export it. Create a new database and then use phpMyAdmin to copy the tables from your current database to your new database.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quote

nooblet wrote:

Thank you for pointing out the painfully obvious. We all were wondering what the date was since none of us have slept for several weeks!.

I was just talking with the Team yesterday and I told them "Hey! You know what? Let's stop working on the release and postpone the release until we hear from nooblet and he tells us what the date is. Then we can continue working."

Well, now that we know the date we can start working again. Thanks!

nooblet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:37 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
nooblet wrote:

Thank you for pointing out the painfully obvious. We all were wondering what the date was since none of us have slept for several weeks!.

I was just talking with the Team yesterday and I told them "Hey! You know what? Let's stop working on the release and postpone the release until we hear from nooblet and he tells us what the date is. Then we can continue working."

Well, now that we know the date we can start working again. Thanks!
Good to hear that Raven... Wave

RavensScripts

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote

nooblet just to save your over worked fingers, its now the 30th here which means its the day before tomorrow and the day after yesterday.

nooblet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote

Laughing thanks for reminding me guardian... Laughing

Jan 30.. Last 1 day before feb... Bang Head

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:28 am Reply with quote

Come on Man....I know you you got some code man...give'me some code man...come on man...you know I'm good for it man...just one piece...just enough to keep me going man...come on man...give'me some code....

Dawg

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote

It isnt programmatically correct but...
Code:
if(!defined('_DAWG')) {

define('_DAWG','Dawg');
$Impatient=1 }

if $Impatient=>"1" shoot dawg;

function shoot_dawg() {
INSERT INTO dawg 'big_stick','2';
}

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote

Dawg, what's your point?

Dawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote

nooblet wrote:

I was just reacting to Nooblet.....I thought it was funny...

...Tough crowd today... Cool

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:20 pm Reply with quote

The next person to tell me what day it is or when 2.10 will be released I am going to:

Smack

Do you want a high quality release or not?

"Patience is a virtue, seldom found in a woman, and never in a man."

valdarez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
valdarez wrote:
That was my plan, but for some reason the PHP MyAdmin from my provider is not allowing me to export my database, and I'm not going to do anything until I have a backup of the database to fall back on should anything go awry during the upgrade process.

To backup your database you do not need to export it. Create a new database and then use phpMyAdmin to copy the tables from your current database to your new database.
I googled for 'copy database PHPAdmin' but all of the results appear to show that you create a new database, export the existing one, and then import the sql/data into the newly created database which leaves me right back where I started. I like the idea of just copying it over. Is there an actual copy feature that's available through PHPAdmin that I'm missing?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it's in cPanel/phpMyAdmin. Here is a screen shot PMA Screen Shot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Public Testing of RavenNuke(tm) v2.10.00

View next topic
View previous topic