Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
300x7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote

I have just installed your script. I will donate as soon as I can get this thing working. I tried your script because the normal PHP Nuke, when I whet to log in as admin after install. I put my user name and password in and it just goes back to that admin screen.

So I installed this one and it does the same thing, it just makes a loop back to the admin login. Has anyone heard of this or seen it happen and if so what would be the fix?

Thanks
300x7

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote

With RN, the installation script sets the admin user and password, and asks you if you wish to create a Nuke user with the same.

After installing it, if you cannot access, you can reset the user and password by following suggestions in the forums here. You'll need to either access SQL via a tool like phpMyAdmin or use a utility tool (check the downloads here for more info).

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote

Here's the link for more info.

300x7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote

followed instructions and still nothing! This is the same problem I had with the standard PHP nuke. It just goes into a loop. Never going to the admin page it just comes back up and asks me for my user name and password.

Funny thing is my web host has Fantastico. All it does is automatically installs scripts for you. So I installed it using fantastico and still the same thing. That is why I started trying to install it on my own. But so far it is all the same. No matter what version I install.

Please Help
300x7

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quote

Do you have access to phpMyAdmin?

300x7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote

yes, That is how I changed the password with the instructions you sent me.

Thanks
300x7

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote

Strange. Are you using the captcha (requiring numbers to be entered when logging in)?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote

Do you have the phpNuke admin cookie? If you are using some privacy settings or privacy programs, it could be blocking that cookie

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
300x7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:45 am Reply with quote

1. How do I know if I have captchs
2. I am using firefox and I went in and looked at the cookies and I did not see one for phpnuke admin. How would I change my setting to allow that cookie or for my site to send me a cookie.

Thanks
300x7

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:53 am Reply with quote

Regarding captcha, there is a setting in the config.php file:
Code:
$gfx_chk = 0;
If that setting is other than zero, you should see a series of digits designed to prevent automated completion of logins. See this for more details. If it's turned on and you DON'T see the captcha, you should get an error that the number was entered incorrectly. In this case, set the config $gfx_chk variable to zero as there is probably an issue with your hosting account that prevents you from using captcha.

On the cookies, there are settings in browsers to block cookies, and these can be overridden by website. If you don't allow cookies, you can add your site to the permitted list. If you allow cookies, make sure your site isn't on the blocked list. You should probably clear the browser cache and all cookies associated with your site as a start.

300x7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote

This is what is in my config.php $gfx_chk = 0; So I guess that is not the problem. As far as the cookies. I my browsers set to allow cookies. I have tried both Firefox and IE. At work and at home and all the same results.

Please Help
300x7

Tao_Man
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Is this only with the ADMIN account and its user account? have you tried creating another account to see if that does the same thing? is your site accessable? can you post the address?

I don't know just throwing out ideas that may help

300x7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Yes the site is accessible it is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] When I try to register another user it says "module not active"

Thanks
300x7

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Well nothing is there now. Did you activate the Your_Account module?

300x7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:42 am Reply with quote

I cant activate any modules. I cant get into the initial admin. But I took it down and am going to do a fresh install when I get home from work tonight.

The thing that is confusing me is that I can get it to work locally on my computer at home. Everything works fine. Try to install it on my server, and nothing.

Very confused.
300x7

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:55 am Reply with quote

300x7, With this behaviour, it sounds to me like possibly corrupted files (or missing files). I would try using a good (and free) FTP client such as FileZilla to do your uploads of the files. Doesn't make sense to me that you would be having these types of issues on your server and not locally. This is why I suspect the uploads.

300x7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote

I will try that when I get home

300x7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quote

WOW! You will never believe what it was. I was going through My Php.ini on my local machine and from the server. My register_global was on on the server. That is what caused all the headache.

So if anyone else has this problem hopefully someone can guide them in the right direction and tell them to turn off register_globals.

Thanks
300x7

Tao_Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Great!, I am glad it is working for you now, and thanks for letting everyone know what the solution was.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:52 am Reply with quote

You could also try to override it in .htaccess (if you running Apache and your host allows you to make overrides):

php_flag register_globals off

I am glad, too, that you got it working!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic