Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
shotokan
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Hi

I've seem on this site that only registered users can see the link posted on the forums. I was wondering if this is part of Sentinel or is a mod for the forums phpBB.

I liked it very much and would liek to ask how to find that so i can install on my forums.

Thanks

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote

The number of users who want modifications plays a part in determining whether or not a forum mod is included, but the impact on themes is another component. I'm not sure what impact this mod would have on themes, but it would be helpful to know that.

shotokan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote

I was talking about the mod that shows the message "only registered users can see this link". It that the one you are talking about?

This is really good to maintain the url only among the members. But i don;t where to find it.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker posted it here. It doesn't affect themes / templates, so the question is - how many other people think this should or should not be included in RavenNuke?

sixf00t4
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote

i do not think it should be on by default at least. I wouldn't like the feature. I would like the quick reply mod though, saves me from having to edit everytime i upgrade.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, sixf00t4. That was my initial thought, too, but I realized that this discourages spamming. But there are plenty of reasons to make it optional. What are your thoughts on that?

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote

Kguske I use this mod because I had no alternative (like more moderators) but I´m generally against massive changes within the forum files.
Webmaster how mean that they really need such mods can easily change this in the forums files.
The quick reply mod in RavenNuke is enough i think.
There is only one modification I ´m interested in and thats a report mod(report button) because I´ve seen this everywhere and such a function makes sense. Maybe we `ll see this in the next release of RavenNuke. I´m for it. Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic