Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
nikits72
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quote

Hi all,

Assuming i have installed the latest version of sentinel on a phpnuke site.
If afterwards i add 3rd party modules assuming they are clean like a statistic module like msanalysis for example, am i still protected for that too?

Before i install sentinel do i have to install chatservs patch?
I read in the sentinel manual under requirements section that i wont have to do some file edits.Well not enlightening is it?
It means that chatserv's patch is included in sentinel or not so i will have to install that first?

Thx,
N.

P.S. Ignore the below phrases:
Jesus christ ,what shall will be with phpnuke?Too many phpnuke pieces. Phpnuke,charserv patches ,sentinel,all upgrading all the time.... cant we have it all in one?
Maybe RavenNuke is a good solution.

Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quote

yes...just sit back and wait for new release of ravennuke.... Wink

nikits72

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quote

yeah well i do ...

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

Maybe RavenNuke is a good solution.

Just maybe? killing me

nikits72

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quote

Yes ,just maybe, with all the respect to the Ravennuke team.

I am just considering the phpnuke history -i know a bit of it- .

I was reading a thread in this forum the other time a guy who had installed platinum and one of the admins couldnt resolve his problem cause he didnt knew if platinum has core phpnuke files changes.

In another thread i read that sentinel is developed in another place and being supported in another place Wink

and so on....

But to be fair , i have to admit that in this forum -and in extention to what it includes such as ravennuke- i have found the most stability throught time .

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:44 am Reply with quote

yeah we are very stable.... Laughing
i know i am..... killing me

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quote

nikits72 wrote:
In another thread i read that sentinel is developed in another place and being supported in another place

A little history lesson on NukeSentinel(tm).....

A long time ago, in far away land known as cyber space, there existed several nuke programmers. They pretty well knew PHP and phpNuke. Several had written various scripts, patches, etc. to try to make nuke more secure since the author could care less. Unbeknownst to me (Raven), Bob Marion (who is a friend of mine) was working on a script of his own and contacted me about using my Hacker Beware script which I had developed. We then worked together on the first few releases of NukeSentinel(tm) while at the same time we started incorporating other people's good stuff. Through the process of collaboration, and for the sake of sanity, we decided that Bob would assume the Lead over the development and I would supply the forum support. The main issue was that people were posting questions here and/or there and we were losing what little minds we had left trying to keep it all in sync! So, our mission was now clear. We now had to boldly go where no others had dare tread!

Another tidbit: Prior to releasing any/all updates to NukeSentinel(tm), it is released to the RavenNuke(tm) Team, of which Bob is a member. We take it through its paces and will inform Bob of any issues and then he makes the modification(s) prior to release.

So yes, Virginia, not only is there a Santa Claus, but the development of NukeSentinel(tm) and the support of NukeSentinel(tm) are one withe force. The force being the vast, unlimited, uncharted land we call ... cyber space. Wink

nikits72

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quote

Ok Raven,

and i thought that I WAS a twisted personality hearing voices Smile.

(Crowd's voice--->Well you are nikits, and read carefully the writings of someone who knows that the force is not only in the movies Cool )

N.

P.S. I hope that not english being my native language and as for that bad knowledge of it, will not be the reason that my humorous words -here and there-would be misinterpeted.
(Crowd's voice----> Well,humor is good even in forums,but ,apart your cold as ice humor nikits, you actually , are afraid that raven might be mad at you and so you might lose his valuable help. Who r y trying to fool eh? Mad )

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quote

nikits72 wrote:
nd i thought that I WAS a twisted personality hearing voices

You are, but what does that have to do with it? killing me

nikits72 wrote:
P.S. I hope that not english being my native language and as for that bad knowledge of it, will not be the reason that my humorous words -here and there-would be misinterpeted.

WRONG! Mad

Wink Seriously, Not to worry! All in good taste and good humor. Clearly understood by me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic