Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
TJYoung80234
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Every new member who is registered on site are being forced as Inactive (on the forums). I then need to go into the forums admin panel and hand activate them.

I've set the configuration to "User Activation", and they're clicking on the activation link in their emails. How do I fix this?

I recently installed NukeSentinel... and think it might be that. Is there something I'm missing? Sentinel shouldn't effect the forum access?

Here's the link to my site: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

You can register and see.

By the way, running PhP Nuke 7.9 and Sentinel 2.5.04

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote

It is not NukeSentinel(tm).

TJYoung80234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote

I've installed nor changed anything since my last user registered and immediately posted to the forums. After installing Sentinel, new registered users are now inactive. Has to be Sentinel or something associated with it.

Last edited by TJYoung80234 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Then uninstall it to verify what's going wrong.

TJYoung80234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, uninstalling will probably resolve the issue. But there's a reason I installed it, I'd like that security. I wouldn't know where to look or how to re-install slowly to look for the problem.

I was hoping someone else has run into this and knows of a quick fix.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quote

I understand. But we need first to "prove" that it is NukeSentinel(tm) as we all use it and have never had anyone have this issue. We'd be shooting in the dark w/o the proper/needed verification. You need to use 2.5.05 anyway Smile

TJYoung80234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Guess I don't know where to find that... it's not in the downloads section of the site or in the announcements. Not even sure where I found the version I'm using now.

I'll see about uninstalling it. Maybe the better question Raven, would be should I just drop this PhP Nuke (pick up RavenNuke which I hear includes Sentinel), and go from there?

My only concern was that I wouldn't be able to transfer over the forums, users, etc (that they would be wiped clean). I asked if that was the case and was given the "why don't you use search" answer (which I had already did and couldn't find anything).

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Any/All tables can be transfered. Smile

V2.5.05 Release Announcement ==> RN v2.5.05

TJYoung80234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote

Thanks and thanks. I'll probably make the switch tonight. I saw the downgrade thread but see conflicting messages about going from 7.9 to 7.6 using the script (some say it works, others say no).

If need be, I'll do a complete erase and fresh install of RavenNuke (just hate to waste all of those hours spent before).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic