Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
Mamasita
Client

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Hello to all

I am looking for a calendar module with the option for users to post events and also an option to upload a flyer (photo) relating to the upcoming event.

Thanks for the help.

jjh221
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:02 am Reply with quote

I know there are a few calender modules out there. Ill be looking into them here shortly.

Do you think its a good idea for users to post events? or be able to post I should say. What if they were submitted and reviewed by an admin.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:56 am Reply with quote

Well there are many calender modules out there and they have been discussed many times on these forums. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find the discussions. Very Happy

Mamasita

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:09 am Reply with quote

Jakec, I id search but all of them don't have the upload funtion were users are allowed to upload a flyer relating to the event.

Jjh221, I wouldn't mind if they were submitted and reviewed by admin. If you find anything can you please let me know.

thanks for the help

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quote

As per a previous post, there have been many discussions that I won't repeat. I use the calendar from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ... there is a charge. You can customize, thru a menu, which users are allowed to post events. However, allowing them to upload files is a can of worms you probably don't want to open. Best approach I can think of is to have them email the poster to an admin and then they put it in a directory and give the user a link. Let the user put the link in the calendar posting. Sweetphp and probably other calendars will accommodate that.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:38 am Reply with quote

NuCalendar is old but it will let users post events with approval.

I am nearing completion on a calendar module. It will also allow users to submit events (with or without admin approval). It will not have upload capability, but users would be able to post a link to a flyer, for example, or even embed an image (if the admin allows those HTML tags).

dssripper
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quote

you can get one from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
I am using it on one of my sites.
I have also integrated google calendar into one of my other
sites. The google calendar doesn't allow for event submissions
but it serves its purpose.

Dss Very Happy

Mamasita

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote

Thanl you to all Very Happy

thejackal
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quote

I user totalcalendar from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] nice and can be modified, there is a fee...

The support does not seem to be top notch, but still nice calendar.

mds
Client

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote

i have seen somewhere on the net that the event calander that rob sutton i think is the name has been picked by albini.net for developement.....

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote

My calendar has now been released:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I tested it on RavenNuke 2.02.02. Smile

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:57 am Reply with quote

Gremmie, my hat is off to you! I am glad to see that someone has taken it upon themselves to create this and hopefully evolve and support this over time. PHP-Nuke has been needing a fresh look at this and a fresh project that is ACTIVE.

I will be looking at this carefully (after RN2.10 is out) as something that I can use on a few of my sites. I just have NOT had the time to work on one myself, nor to plug the holes in the ones that are already out there (at least the ones that I knew about 1.5 - 2 years back... ) I used to run EventCalendar - yes, the Rob Sutton version - but lost interest because I wanted re-ocurring events. Just never had time to develop it out...

Thanks!

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:58 am Reply with quote

BTW, why not promote it by submitting a news article here at this site? Wink

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quote

montego, thanks! I've already received a couple bug reports and feature suggestions, mainly to support European date/time/calendar conventions. I will be working on this a while, so keep the ideas coming.

I did submit a new story here, looks like it appeared today. Thanks Raven!

Defcon
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
My calendar has now been released:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I tested it on RavenNuke 2.02.02. Smile

Yeargh! Thanxs Gremmie I luv so much your calendar. That's is what i searching for so long.. really really appreciate it.. it come out with a block n admin management system .. so cool thanxs !!!!!

t_henson
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:32 am Reply with quote

hey gremmie, i downloaded your calendar and so far it seems really nice! i do have on problem though, i get a 404 error when the block is enabled.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quote

That is odd. Did you modify the block in any way?

t_henson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quote

i didn't modify it at all. just uploaded it to the blocks directory and enabled it and right away it started giving me a 404 error. i deleted it from my server because i couldnt access any page in my nuke directory. so i reuploaded it and tried again, but with the same result.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quote

What version of Nuke? Is it patched? If it isn't patched see the docs on how to change the block to make it run on a non-patched system.

t_henson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:18 am Reply with quote

i got it fixed. im using version 7.7. i had to use the non-patch code in the block only. i think i have the 3.0 patch from chatserv.

anyhow, i really enjoy your calendar module. if i could make a suggestion though, it would be nice if you could add multi-day events instead of having to go back and add the same event 3 times if its a fri., sat. and sun. event for example.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:10 am Reply with quote

Great! Might wanna get the rest of the patches... Wink

About the multi-day events: could you not add an event that starts Friday and repeats every day until Sun?

t_henson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quote

Laughing i am stupid sometimes. i found the add daily feature that was in front of me the whole time. derka derka Idea

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quote

Cool! Glad you found it.

emmaphp
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:09 am Reply with quote

Hi...This calendar is awesome compared to past 'applications'/calendars I have had to battle with when trying to intergrate them into PHP Nuke.

One small problem I am having though, is that in the description of one of my current events, just after the text, I would like to embed a video that is hosted on You Tube, (this is because the video shows a clip of the event when it took place last year).

The problem I am finding is that the calendar does not recognise this part of the text/code when I include it in the event description.

I have tried adding the tages used (which are <obj ect>, <em bed>, <par am name>) to the list of allowed HTML tags on the calendar, but this does not help.

Note: I have intergrated this calendar with my website which is running Raven Nuke 7.6

Please can someone help me solve this small problem.

Confused

Last edited by emmaphp on Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total 
emmaphp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quote

Hi evenyone again,

While I await a reply to my 1st posting about this calendar module, I have found 2 other small problems.

Firstly, if I enable the 'Enable Auto-Links' option in the calendars admin section, it displayes a small 'box character' after each . (dot) in any URL shown in the description text of an event on the calendar. On further investigation I note that this problem occurs in Internet Explorer and not in Firefox.

I would type an exact example of what I mean here, but this forum will not accept the 'box character' I am seeing. Just to clarify, it is the type of 'box character' you often get when you try to copy text from microsoft word and past it into other applications.

Secondly, if I try to make a 'plain text' posting with the 'Enable Auto-Links' option selected/on or if I make a posting using HTML and the 'Enable Auto-Links' option deselected/off, when the link is clicked it opens in the same window, even if the HTML uses the TARGET="_blank" tag. On further investigation I note that this problem occurs in BOTH Internet Explorer and in Firefox.

Again to confirm, I am using this calendar with my installation using Raven NUke PHP 7.6

Please can someone assist with thse problems.

Thanks guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic