Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
emmaphp
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:38 pm Reply with quote

I am using Ravens 7.6 Nuke Distro.

I need an event calendar block and module on my website and have learned of the free nucalendar.

Please can someone tell me if this will work with my Raven 7.6 installation and if so, where I can find a copy of nucalendar to download?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:30 pm Reply with quote

It should work, but you'll need to find a version that has been modified for the version 7.5 or later administration (the original nucalendar was written for 6.5 to 7.4). Try this one. (free registration required)

emmaphp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:05 am Reply with quote

Hey Kguske,

Thank you for that last reply.

I downloaded your recomended file and nearly everything seems to work.

However there is currently 2 noticable problems I now have.

The first is that when I activate the block called 'Month_Of_Events_2.php' the following is displayed below it...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND recur_schedule='yearly' AND recur_month= AND isactive=1 AND
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND recur_schedule='monthly' AND isactive=1 AND isrecurring=1 AN
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND recur_schedule='weekly' AND isactive=1 AND isrecurring=1 AND
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND recur_schedule='yearly' AND recur_month= AND isactive=1 AND
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND recur_schedule='monthly' AND isactive=1 AND isrecurring=1 AN
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND recur_schedule='weekly' AND isactive=1 AND isrecurring=1 AND

The second problem is that when I go to the main php nuke admin panel and click on the nucalendar module, the calendar admin appears but at the top it says the following...

Table 'mywebsite.nuke_nucal_bydate' doesn't exist
Table 'mywebsite.nuke_nucal_recurring' doesn't exist

Do you know why this would be, but more importantly how to get rid of the errors?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:48 am Reply with quote

Looks like its missing some tables, did you have to do any installation for the tables?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
emmaphp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote

Hi evaders99,

Yes...I did have to add some tables.

I am by far a whiz at all this, but from the experience I HAVE had installing Raven phpnuke 76 and various modules, I do know I have performed this task correctly.

Included with the nucalendar bundle of various files, there was a file called 'nucalendar.sql'

I opened my phpmyadmin, selected the corrent database, then browsed for the correct file on my local drive and ran it...there was a subsequent message adviseing that the file had been executed and the new tables had been successfully intalled.

However I am still receiving these errors.

I wonder if it is because I am using Raven 76 php nuke and the version is not compatible. That said, I do not know where any other versions are available and according to kguske, this version should work ok.

One thing to note is that I did not carry out the modification just before 'step 2a', where it says 'If you want to add a line in your Waiting Content block that tells you the number of events waiting for admin approval, merge the files mainfile.php.hack.youverionofnuke into your mainfile.php in function adminblock() (approx line 673 for version 6.5) and merge language/lang-yourlang.php.hack with your language/lang-yourlang.php file.', but I am pretty sure this would not be the cause of my current problem.

The following taken from the READ ME file that was included, which may help you in helping me...

Can anyone please help further to resolve this problem?...

/************************************************************************/
/* Event Calendar */
/* =========================== */
/* */
/* Copyright (c) 2003 by Bill Smith */
/* [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] */
/* */
/* Based on Web Calendar */
/* Copyright (c) 2001 by Proverbs, LLC */
/* [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] */
/* */
/* This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify */
/* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by */
/* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License. */
/************************************************************************/

/*
* ©2001 Proverbs, LLC. All rights reserved.
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it withthe following stipulations:
* Changes or modifications must retain all Copyright statements, including, but not limited to the Copyright statement
* and Proverbs, LLC homepage link provided at the bottom of this page.
*/

1. Introduction
NuCalendar is a PHP-Nuke add-on which allows the administrator to manage
event schedule information. Events can be either a one time event, or
reoccur at regular intervals.

2. Install & Upgrade (from v0.10)
Use the file nucalendar.sql, located in the sql directory, to create the
initial tables. Change the name of the tables to match your $user_prefix.

Copy the files from the admin, block, images, and modules directories to
their corresponding location on your site.

Merge the merge.lang-yourlang.php file, located in admin/language with your
admin/language/lang-yourlang.php file.

If you want to add a line in your Waiting Content block that tells you the
number of events waiting for admin approval, merge the files
mainfile.php.hack.youverionofnuke into your mainfile.php in function
adminblock() (approx line 673 for version 6.5) and merge
language/lang-yourlang.php.hack with your language/lang-yourlang.php file.

2a. Upgrade users (after following above steps): The NuCalendar admin block
will contain a link to import your events from the old format to the new.
The script is pretty good at importing the data, but it is not 100%. Typically
events with single quotes in them do not import properly. Using phpMyAdmin
(or similar) to manually import events the script does not. Once you are happy
that all of your data is imported you may drop tables nuke_nucal_bydate and
nuke_nucal_recurring and the import link will go away.

2b. Near the top of admin/modules/nucalendar.php is a
require_once("modules/NuCalendar/dbaccess.inc.php"); and
require_once("modules/NuCalendar/printevent.php"); Make sure that the paths
are correct for your install.

3. Upgrade (from v0.51)
Import the sql files from the version you are upgrading from to the version
you are installing. You may need to import multiple sql files depending on
your install. IE v050_v051.sql.

4. Use
Use the NuCalendar icon, located in the admin panel, to manage events.

5. Change Log

03/05/2003 -- 0.10 -- Initial Release
03/26/2003 -- 0.50
* The module now has three display modes. Monthly, daily, and event.
All have printer friendly links.
* Clicking the date or whitespace in the monthly view takes you to the
daily view.
* Clicking the event, either in the block, monthly view, or day view,
takes you to the event view
* You can now tell the block to scan for X events in the next Y days
* You can tell the block what kind of events to add (by date, weekly,
monthly, etc, etc)
* Event categories (an event can only be in 1 category at a time)
* Can specify what categories are shown in the block
* The colors for the cells in the monthly view are configurable via
the admin script
* Month view title and image
* User submit event form with admin approval queue
* Bydate and recurring tables merged into 1 table (You can now
transition a one time event to a recurring one and visa versa)
* Upgrade script that works most on most events
* Number of waiting events for approval in administration block hack
* "Safe" html similar to news submission
* Internationalization and localization support
03/30/2003 -- 0.51
* Fixed a bug with submitting events (title was ending up in the
location).
05/22/2003 -- 0.60
* US & International date formats
* Block to view the month at a glance. Indicators for days with
and without events
* Recurring single date (birthday, holiday, etc)
* Events can now be scheduled on the last time a particular day
in the month occurs
* More languages supported
* Copyright link
* PHP-Nuke 6.5 support added (new hack file)
* Times displayed in AM/PM versus 24 format
05/25/2003 -- 0.61
* Removed the need for having allow_call_time_pass_reference set to
on in php.ini
* Added a second month view block
* Added a dot at the beginning of event names in the monthly view
such that its easier to tell the difference between events
if there are many on a given day

6. Planned Changes (in no special order)
* Pre 6.0 support
* "Popup" day and event views with toggle
* Email admin on queued event submission
* Make/find/nab a better looking admin icon

7. Contact me

Visit the NuCalendar forum at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote

Those were old tables from an earlier version. I remember seeing a solution somewhere, but it's been a while and I can't find it now.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Hi again Kguske,

Thank you for your last reply and the information about the tables.

What I do not understand is that if I downloaded the version you recomended, then why does it not have the correct tables to work with that vesion and the Raven 76 php-nuke that I am running?

Also, do you know if the cause of this error would also be the cause of the other errors diplayed when I activate the 'Month_Of_Events_2.php' block that comes with the nucalendar module, (also described above)?

How can I find the correct tables for the version of PHP nuke I am using from raven and solve these probems?

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quote

It does have the correct tables. But, unfortunately, it has some old code that looks for old tables. I wish I could find a good update...

kindpeacho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:35 am Reply with quote

so... nucalendar (even with it's fix from nukekorea.net) is not working with ravennuke's latest 7.6

Does anyone know a good FREE Event calendar to use with raven nuke 7.6 w/ chatserv patch?

Total Calendar = Money
NuCalendar = not working with ravennuke 7.6
WebCalendar 1.1.1 dev from sourceforge = can't get to work properly with phpnuke Sad

Any other ideas please?? Need an Event Calendar with block TY

dutchnuker
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote

kindpeacho wrote:
so... nucalendar (even with it's fix from nukekorea.net) is not working with ravennuke's latest 7.6

Does anyone know a good FREE Event calendar to use with raven nuke 7.6 w/ chatserv patch?

Total Calendar = Money
NuCalendar = not working with ravennuke 7.6
WebCalendar 1.1.1 dev from sourceforge = can't get to work properly with phpnuke Sad

Any other ideas please?? Need an Event Calendar with block TY

I Am using Raven PHP 7.6 2.02 and I am using Nucalendar version 0.61

It works

But in the beginning there where some errors.

But now we have a fine working Nucalendar.

greetings
Mathijs

carl0527

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote

I use KalendarMX 1.4.c with RN76 2.02.02
I did not have any install issues. It automatically adds the tables and its got a number of blocks to use also.
Just need to read the instructions in German.

boored

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote

I just installed NuCalendar, Month of Event2 block generates the error as posted above:
"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND recur_schedule='yearly' AND recur_month= AND isactive=1 AND ...and so on......"

Month of Events block works just fine.
I have those error lines in admin panel also:
"Table 'mywebsite.nuke_nucal_bydate' doesn't exist
Table 'mywebsite.nuke_nucal_recurring' doesn't exist "
....doesnt seem to effect functions though.

But i soon realized i need a calender witch accepts more daily events, Nucalender only accepts four events a day. Anyone know if there is a easy fix to change that? or maybe point me to another calender that accepts more daily events?

Edit: hmmm, thougt it stopped at 4 daily events, but it seems that it wont accept anything anymore, not even on empty days. Got 8 events which shows up, last 2 doesnt show up in upcoming events / calendar blocks..., but they still are saved in admin panel, where i can edit them....

Display errors is on: no error messages, no errors in server error-log either

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:09 am Reply with quote

I gave up looking for a free Calendar for nuke. I tried nucalendar, but it didn't have user edit options. I tried several versions of Event Calendar, which didn't have recurring event options.

I bought TotalCalendar ... which is good, but I think the blocks are a tad tricky to get working with various themes.

I can hardly believe it's almost 2007 and there is still no free calendar for nuke with both user edit and recurring functions.
<grumble, whine and stamping my feet>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

Nucalender has user edit options(if you mean users can add events), although im not sure how well it works. Going to start from scratch ones more with my problem first...

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote

I got NuCalendar to work with 7.9....surely it can work with Raven. I started with a modified version that was found here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I am not aware of a 4 daily event limit with NuCalandar. I have days with more events than that.

I am working on a free Event Calendar right now. It will operate the same basic way as NuCalendar, but will feature:

* Repeating events just like the Palm Pilot Calendar: daily, weekly, monthly (by day or date), and yearly
* will use CSS so you can adapt it to your themes

I am finished with the monthly and daily display routines and am working on user submitted events processing right now. After that, need to work on admin functions and some blocks.

If you have any features you'd like to see let me know. I also need a good name... Confused

boored

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote

I might have some other problems with my install also, that might be causing strange behaviour, i tried again and now for the moment it seems to work good.

Those earlier mentioned error messages are still there(for admin panel and Month of Events2 block), but otherwise seems to work now....

Would be cool with a new calendar, but for me i am only needing a very simple calender, i only need that Upcoming events block for the moment.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:46 am Reply with quote

All sounds excellent! Kguske was also working on porting some calendar, but not sure how far he's gotten. He's been quite busy of late.

Quote:

I also need a good name...

How about "TheGremCalendar". Laughing Or "GremmieCal", kind-of catchy isn't it?

I don't see NukeCalendar anywhere... Wink or "THENukeCalendar".

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Not too far, unfortunately. I have a few names, but none of these...

azakow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:36 am Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
If you have any features you'd like to see let me know. ...

Very Happy

- multi language support
- multi calendar formats and date formats (like GB + US first day of the week is sunday, France, Germany, ... the first day of the week is monday; 12/24/2006 would be 24.12.2006 )
- a module admin section (KalendarMX 1.4.c, has none)

P.S.
I always wonder how GB + US came to start the week on sunday? Was'nt it the last day of creation. Confused

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote

azakow wrote:

- multi language support
- multi calendar formats and date formats (like GB + US first day of the week is sunday, France, Germany, ... the first day of the week is monday; 12/24/2006 would be 24.12.2006 )
- a module admin section (KalendarMX 1.4.c, has none)

My calendar is now released. Please head on over to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and check it out.

• multi language support - I need someone to write language files! I speak only English! Smile
  • multi calendar formats - Since I'm from the US and this is the first release, international support is limited right now. I need feedback from international users on what they want. Send suggestions like yours to the forums at the above link. Thanks!
  • admin section - got it!

azakow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:

• multi language support - I need someone to write language files! I speak only English! Smile
  • multi calendar formats - Since I'm from the US and this is the first release, international support is limited right now. I need feedback from international users on what they want. Send suggestions like yours to the forums at the above link. Thanks!

I only speak German, thats a good start. Wink
I'm at it - looks promissing. Very Happy

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote

Looks good Gremmie, I'll download it and see if I can break it. Wink

wiz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:57 am Reply with quote

Looking Good Gremmie

Very similar to nu-cal, except without the table errors that everyone seems to get with RN

Nice work and Thanks

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:13 am Reply with quote

Thank you...I've already received 2 bug reports and 3 or 4 suggestions for the next release to help out our international friends. If you have suggestions, bugs, feature requests, etc, just use the forums and/or bug and feature trackers at the sourceforge page.

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie,
Would you rather have questions here or at Sourceforge? I am running a full patched 7.2 and no matter what I do with the admin files......I get no admin section.

Overall it is a very nice MOD. Much cleaner than NuCalendar.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic