Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
utssace
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote

This is probably a basic thing to do, but I haven't done this yet.

I am running the 2.02.02 distro.

I have a teamspeak webpost module that shows who is online. The module works perfectly if I create a link to it. However, I don't want to link to it, I want it to show up on the homepage (Center Bottom).

I already have news on the homepage and I want to keep that. There was a setting to "Place in Homepage" but is asked me if I wanted to use it INSTEAD of News. I want them both.

Can I just add a new block and put some kind of code it it to call up the module within that block? Can somebody suggest some code to do this?

Click HERE for the module. Thanks!

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quote

well this is indeed very basic...
what they did was create a simple module and used an iframe to show the script in that runs from the root..

so you can do the same by creating a center block and put the iframe in there...

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quote

There should be sample block code in your blocks directory. You could use that and send output from your module to it ... do a save as to save it as a block associated with your module. Then go into blocks admininstration and activate it and save the location as center down. That should do it for you.

utssace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote

Thanks. I did as hitwalker said and it worked fine.

Only weird thing is when I go back and edit the block (using backend admin), a message was put inside the iframe tag saying that "this browser does not support inline frames".

I use both firefox and IE. It says this in both.

Is this normal?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quote

yes and now...but its normal...
as long as it works on your site..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic