Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Customized Distribution Packs
l3vi4th0n

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Is there any way I can configure the nuke to send out the activation email as I cannot seem to configure it.

My webserver has a smtp server availible which i've used for pbpbb's before with no problem.

I have input that into the forum config but its still not working.

I assume the ravenNuke itself needs to be told what smtp server to use, but where do I configure that ?

Any help would be really good.

Thankyou

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Using an SMTP server is not included in the default PHP-Nuke package, nor in RavenNuke (both use the PHP mail function). That should work by default. Does your server not support that function?

There are some addons that let you use SMTP, however. I'm pretty sure CNBYA has that capability for registration and communication with members throught the YA module. There are also some replacements / tweaks that allow you to configure and use SMTP, but these involve modifying several files.

l3vi4th0n

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quote

ok i've been through this forum with a fine toothcomb, made changes to the YA module as recommended, installed the working NSNYA module but still no confirmation email.

I have found this out though, I need to add this somewhere

ini_set("sendmail_from", " email@mydomain ");

to make the php mail function work.

Any ideas where this goes ?

tbh the site is almost perfect I am well pleased with RN its just this last thing I really need to get sorted, so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated...

Last piece of the jigsaw so to speak.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote

You can place it anywhere, you may want to put it in a place that all the phpNuke scripts use - mainfile.php

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
l3vi4th0n

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote

That appears to have solved it.

Thankyou all.

YAY now I am well pleased.

rsrichie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:47 am Reply with quote

I am haveing the same problem with my new install i have copied the details over from the previous version of nuke i ran but have had no luck with either mass emailling from the forum admin board or activation emails from nuke. i have used a clean install of the version that is on the home page of this site 76 i think. any help would be appreciated. I know i should post this in the 76 forum but it doesnt appear to exist.

RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:09 am Reply with quote

Sure it exists.... Laughing
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
rsrichie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, great of you to state the obvious looks like ill be going back to my original nuke as the raven version 76 doesnt work if you want members.

FireATST

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote

lol...didn't mean to offend you by showing that it does actually exist if you take the time to look for it. Thought it would help you to be able to find the answer you need. Have you tried doing a search for the answer to your question before posting? Have you attempted to install a clean copy of RN76 without the "details" and try the activation email to see if maybe it has to do with the "details" you copied over? What version of phpNuke were you using prior to switching over to RN?

One suggestion, if you want someone to help you try and figure this out, maybe a little less sarcasm in the future may increase the responses you get back..... Cool

rsrichie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote

forget it thanks for nothing i dont have time to be messed around and that thread does not exist well it cant be accessed. and yes unlike others i have extensivly read and researched this issue. CYA

FireATST

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote

Have a great day..... Smile

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote

What thread can't be accessed?

rsrichie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote

That link works when I try it. What happens when you try?

rsrichie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote

i just get the header and no forums

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote

Makes no sense. You're active and can see an post other forums. You're not restricted at all. Can you do a screen capture and save it somewhere where I can link to it?

rsrichie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quote

rsrichie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quote

or a full size version http://www.australianvbmxgathering.com/More%20images/Ravens-site-2.jpg

rsrichie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:13 pm Reply with quote

ok it just started to work for some unknown reason ill post away in there with my issue thanks for your help raven :0)

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:16 pm Reply with quote

NP. The only thing that comes to mind after seeing the image is that possibly your connection to the Internet was, somewhere along the line, congested and the browser was timing out.

In any event, it's working Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Customized Distribution Packs

View next topic
View previous topic