Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
slammedxonair
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote

hi im new one, of my forum admins refered me to install phpnuke so i can get a certain shopping cart for my company. i have godaddy windows hosting if that helps. im pretty new to the web developement stuff i know some golive basics and stuff, but anyways my error. andy help is greatly appreciated and if anybody has any time to help hit me up on AIM slammed x on air thanks.

RavenNuke76™ © 2005, 2006 - MySQL Table Installer
Please note that this installer is for NEW installs and assumes that you want to REPLACE your tables and the data therein. This means that each time you run this it will DROP the tables and DELETE all data before creating new ones. This is NOT recoverable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results

config.php file found!
I was unable to reach your MySQL server using the MySQL connection settings in your nuke config.php file. The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061).

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote

hello and welcome.....

make sure you entered the correct database info in your config.php file

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote

how do i do that? im sorry im pretty new to this

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote

anybody? how do i access this file to enter data? thanks in advance

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote

well i also just noticed it says i should receive this message
There seems to be a problem with the $dbtype server - Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please report this to the Administrator ASAP.

We should be back shortly.

and i get this message
There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server - Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please report this to the Administrator ASAP.

We should be back shortly.

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote

In the folder you unzipped there is an html folder. In that folder you will find a file called config.php. Open that file with an editor ( I like Crimson Editor, and it is free). In there you need to enter the database information on the database you created such as database name, username, and password.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
slammedxonair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quote

so i do that and then reupload that file to my host? also where do i get that editor thanks also i see your in ohio you wouldnt happen to be west of cleveland would you lol

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Yes, you edit it and upload it. You can use a standard text editor such as notepad

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
slammedxonair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quote

ok sweet ive been working on this all day im finally at the admin login im gona keep goin lol. thanks for the help everybody im sure ill be back again.

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quote

ok i logged in and it says Begone

edit: i had spaces in the user name now im tying to find forums in the module administration. ive learned alot today Very Happy

FireATST

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:57 am Reply with quote

Welcome to the PhpNuke.... speedtype

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote

ok so does anybody know where i go from here now that im in the admin? like wheres the forums or picture galleries? and i wana install a shopping cart. thanks

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Well forums will be under forums and there isn't a gallery, you will need to install that. You could try something like Gallery 2. I don't know about shopping carts, as I don't use them.

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote

now do u mean like the forms should be in the modules administration cause im at the step where it says to configure it before i configure the nukesentinel as for the gallery i can probably get help on that 1 or just make it it flash or golive. and as for the shopping cart i was referred to this 1 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] thanks for any help. just wish i could find the forums cause it said in the how to install it suppost to be in the modules section and theres nothing there.

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote

ok i found the forms in the html/modules/forums folder but i have no idea how to install it. should i stop this post since i have it all the way installed and seach and then post a new topic about forums somewhere else on this board?

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote

I think you may be getting confused over the modules administration. When you log into admin look at the box below the box showing the Administration Menu. This is the Module Administration menu and the forums should be the 5th icon along on the first line.

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Here's the link for integrating Gallery 2:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote

are you talking about the button below the button edit admins that says modules and is a picture of a cardboard box? if so when i clich it theres nothing there

Modules Administration

Modules and Addons

See your Modules/Addons current status and change it by Activating or Deactivating them.
New Modules copied on the /modules/ directory will be automaticaly added with Inactive status to the database when you reload this page.
If you want to remove a module just delete it from the /modules/ directory, the system will automaticaly update your database to show the changes.

-= WARNING =-
Bold module's title represents the module you have in the Homepage.
You can't Deactivate or Restrict this module while it's the default one!
If you delete the module's directory you'll see and error in the Homepage.
Also, this module has been replaced with Home link in the modules block.

[ · ] means a module which name and link will not be visible in Modules Block

Title | Custom | Title | Status | Visible to | Group | Functions

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Nope, but you will need to make sure it is activated in this menu. You need to go down to the modules administration section below.
Another 2 rows down. It should be a monitor and a globe next to it.

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote

ok these are my options i have a monitor and a satalite and another 1 is a globe and a satalite

Administration Menu

Backup DB

Banners

Blocks

Edit Admins

Edit Groups

Users Group/Points

HTTP Referers

IP Ban

Modules

Newsletter

NukeSentinel(tm)

Optimize DB

Preferences

Submissions

Logout / Exit

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quote

There should be another row of buttons below all this, under the title Modules Administration. If you don't mind send me PM with the URL and a temp admin login and I can see exactly what you've got.

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quote

ok pm sent thanks

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quote

OK, i've had a look and i think you've got a problem as there is lots missing. You should have blocks on the left and right as well. Have you added any other modules, or anything since installing? Are sure everything has been uploaded?

slammedxonair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote

yea i just looked on my host and all the files and folders are there

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Theres definitely files missing, I tried to access the forum admin by typing the URL while logged in as admin and I'm getting this error.

Template->loadfile(): File ./../templates/subSilver/admin/index_frameset.tpl for handle body is empty

Upload all the files again to make sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic