Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
kevinkap
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Is there a way to make it so the members real names can be viewed along with their member id? I need this to be seen only by admins.

Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:39 am Reply with quote

do you see any real names here or anywhere else ?.. Laughing

webservant
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:09 am Reply with quote

When you look at "Your info" in YA, what information tells you your real name?

Romans 8:28-39 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:21 am Reply with quote

for me ...nothing

kevinkap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quote

Thanks men of great intelligence, but it is in the data base and you can put it in the profile. I know I am a pain in the rear to some of you, but please if all you want to do is poke fun, please do it some where else. Plus, like I said, I only wanted it for the admins.

thanks!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:47 am Reply with quote

@kevinkap , no were not making any fun..
sorry if my reply gave you that idea...
but i just mean that its useless cause maybe a handfull members of any site realy use their real name .
im doing maintenance of many sites and a lot of them are very serious sites...
and even those members dont register with the given birth name...
hope this clears it a litle...

webservant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:08 am Reply with quote

one step toward what kevinkap is asking may be to display the email address used in the registration process. I know that one of the admin screens displays an email button, but is there an easy hack to something like member_list to show the email address that will only be visible for admins?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:16 am Reply with quote

That's a good point Hitwalker, you can't force people to use their real name.

Kevin, if you want to see the name a user has entered as an admin you can access the User's Administration from the admin menu and you can type in a users nickname and select modify user. This will display their User ID and name they have entered.

Is this what you are looking for, or do you want a list of all users with their User ID and name?

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:22 am Reply with quote

webservant, is it really necessary to have the Members List available to non-admins anyway? I always have it set to inactive.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys. I found what I was needing, its a module called "address list", and what it does is displays a list of all members along with user id, e-mail and their name that they have included in their profile. The reason for this is to be able to check the web sites member list against the organizations actual member list. All members are asked to fill out their profile and include their real name and location.

This way, use the groups to allow some added features for non organization members.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote

I hate to be a pain again. Is it possible, a mod or otherwise to change the registration form, where the person has to input their name, and location, and have that info added to the db? Can I take that info from the profile section some how and make it work?

The reason for this is, the site is not a private one, but want the ability to moderate who is signing up. I have looked at the AM mod by arnoldkrg but am not sure if it will work with RN. I know there are some threads about it here but was under the impression it would take a lot of changing to make it work.

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote

In the Cnbya mod, you can set it to where the admin must approve of the registration I believe. You might want to check out that mod to see if it does what you want.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jakec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quote

Like you say the Approve Membership module should do the job and it doesn't take too much effort to install. Although like CNBYA it does change some of the Core nuke files, but you just need to be careful when upgrading.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic