Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
redhairz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quote

Guys Rn team can you help me on this youtube emb youtube object into Wysuwyg ? in admin mode ofcos. me not sure which file to edit to all video to add in Noobie here hehe Dance-Stick

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:51 am Reply with quote

What is the HTML to embed it? I don't use that, but if I knew the HTML, I could identify alternatives.

redhairz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote

hey kguske nice to see you hehe nope it is not a html i am talking about embed object from youtube video but it appear as text. i had seen raven website posting a video last year .

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:36 am Reply with quote

Well I'm running the latest wysiwyg editor version that kguske has incorporated in to the next RN release and I'm not having any problems.
Here is what I did;
As admin, select New News from the admin menu.
In the 'story text' text are, switched immediately to 'source' and patsed the YouTube embed code.
I didnt bother to 'preview' I just saved it as it was, the results work as you can see here ww.code-authors.com

redhairz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:39 pm Reply with quote

Hey thanks Guardian i had seen it wow nice
Btw i also went to have a look at the adsense module whick u have in the code-authors............................some of the article might suggest a voilation of the google adsense TOS You got to find ouT...................be4 its too late. Why?The Article linked to the website Dare not place its google adsense ads.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote

Not sure I follow you but we are in danger of going off-topic.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Guardian, did you add the embed tag in the $allowable_html array in config.php file?

BTW, nice dbCompare utility - can't wait to try it...

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote

No I didnt add the embed tag to the allowed html array or anything else.
This was straight out-of-the-box RN 2.10 build as of last week just after you updated the FCKEditor version.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quote

Then we need to find out why the news module isn't filtering the HTML.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote

I thought about that right after I posted but I have not had the time to look at it yet.

redhairz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:59 am Reply with quote

Gurdian dont mind i ask a question how do you increase the height of the input text area of the wysiwyg in the admin submit news pancel?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:01 am Reply with quote

redhairz, as Guardian mentioned and not wishing to go OffTopic but I'm interested in your comment regarding Guardians Adsense Tips module. Perhaps it would be good to carry this part of the discussion on elsewhere i.e. on Code Authors?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quote

You can change the text area height globally in mainfile by altering the value of $oFCKheight so it should be possible to override that on a per file basis by forcing a new value in the relevant page.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote

With the new Fit to Window button, that shouldn't be as much of an issue. This new button allows you to expand the editor to full screen, then contract to the original size.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quote

I tested 2 scenarios on the RavenNuke test site.

First, submitting news the YouTube HTML found on the code-authors.com index, including the object and embed tags. On the preview, NukeSentinel kicked me out.

Second, submitting news with only the embed HTML. (I could see the video in both HTML editors before previewing). This time, the embed code was stripped by the filter.

One possible explanation - I wasn't logged in as an administrator.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic