Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote

I'm sure this is somewhere in the forums, but right now, I am just too freaked out to make sense of it all. So please, bare with me, and give me an answer in "sentinel for foolios" style.
I am running Nuke 7.6 with Sentinel (I believe 2.4, but not sure right now...and I can't get to admin to check)
I also use CNBYA and was using it to remove a member who changed all their stuff to spam crap after joining.
I decided I would ban the IP at the same time....I don't know why, I never use that tool, just do it manually.
Now I am banned and cannot access my site at all.
I have looked for my IP in the database and htaccess both and do not find it, but have removed one who had the first two parts the same.
I have deleted my cookies.
I am still banned.
Can somebody tell me what the heck I need ta do?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote

How did you ban the IP?
If it was banned with Sentinel then its impossible for you to still be blocked if your IP is not in htaccess, the banned ip table or the baned range table.

Is it possible you banned them using the forum banning functions? - but I would only expect that to block you from the forum module.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote

OK, here's how it went down:
I clicked the profile image for a new member so that I could see the info there, since I did not remember authorizing this name. Since all the info was changed and it contained links to drug sites, I was going to suspend them using the links below in the profile. I normally go into edit users and suspend them, then ban their IP in Sentinel, but this time I chose to do it differently.
I removed one IP from the database that had the same beginning numbers (66.32) of my IP and another instance where it showed my name as banned with a similar IP. I have searched the database for other similar instances, but no good. I have checked the htaccess and do not find my IP. I have deleted cookies and temp files. I even rebooted the dsl modem thinking maybe that would help.
Still, I get that smug little smiley with the message "you have been banned by the administrator". I don't understand how that can happen since my profile is protected in Sentinel, but it has.
I've emailed my assistant asking her to check the suspended and deactivated accounts for me and correct if she finds anything, but I don't know how long before I'll hear from her to let you know what she might find.
I should also add that I did not receive the email from sentinel letting me know an IP had been blocked, I find that kind of odd.
Thanks for your help, coz I go totally wacko when stuff like this happens to me.
Ask Raven, he knows how goofy I get Smile

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quote

There are 2 things in your reponse which makes me think this is a forum banning and nothing to do with Sentinel.
1. You said "I get that smug little smiley with the message "you have been banned by the administrator" I would expect to see that with a forum ban and not Sentinels black screen.
2. You said you didnt get an email from Sentinel.
I'm assuming you have it set to email you as you implied you were expecting one but didn't get one, so it seems Sentinl is not the cause of the banning.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote

I guess you are correct, because after posting here, I realized what I had said about CNBYA and realized that this was probably my issue. So I went back to phpmyadmin and dug around for banned IP's without including the sentinel prefix in the tables and found me, there, banned.
I'm sorry.....I can't help it, I just wig out and run to Raven.
See what I mean about me going wacko?
Thank you for your help, because without you here to let me post it all out, I would have never realized what happened.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Not a problem, glad to help Wink

Deseroka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote

I think it was actually someone who did the same thing recently. Their email (once they change it) is Romanian, and the URL is on a Romanian URL, but they are somehow using an US based IP....in this case mine........
Seems like people with enuff smarts to do all that could find a better way to spend their time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic