Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
shawn_himself
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote

i have a few forums on my site i have set as private forums. i have the " latest discussions " block on my homepage. when people post in these private forums it lists that new thread in the block, witch is ok with me. when a user clicks on that thread to read it that does not have permission to view that forum they get this message

"The topic or post you requested does not exist"

witch is what they are supposed to get.

now, my question is can anyone tell me what file in my nuke i need to look in to edit this sentance to make it say something else. as i just want it to say something a little bit more professional. ive been looking around in the modules/forums directory to start but there are so many to scan through.

i just thought maybe someone might know where exactly what .php file to look at.

thank you

wiz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quote

its probably in the language file. Search the relevent script and find something in the right place starting with an underscore ( _ ). Once you are sure this is the right place that the message is generated. Go into the language file for whatever languages you use on your site..e.g lang-english.php find the relevant line that starts with that underscored message and the corresponding 'english' wording will be in the quotes.
Im sorry i cant tell you which file it is exactly, as i dont know. But it is where i edit most of my custom messages.
Remember though, you will have to do this for all of the languages that you use, or the non english will say the old msg Wink

As i say..probably a language file..but dont hunt me down if it is not, but it most likely is.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quote

I would check the code in the block itself first, the chances are it might be hard coded.
If not it is likely to be in the language files as wiz suggested - in this instance it would be the forum language files.

shawn_himself

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote

thanks guys for the help.

i found it listed here
modules/Forums/language/lang_main.php

but when i edited it it makes no change on the site. i guess i have the wrong file and need to keep looking ?

wiz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote

it depends if you are using a custom theme. Sometimes the theme packs contain a folder 'forums' sometimes they dont.
If your theme does not have a seperate forums folder (check your original upload file, locally) then look in the 'themes' folder as it will most likely be controlled there in personal experience. Failing that, as Guardian2003 says; it will be hard coded into the script.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic