Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
kevinkap
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Can some one please explain the subscription module to me a bit, or if there is something other than the nuke guide that may have something about it. I need a way to track members accounts. They have to pay for their membership once yearly, but it is done via check and not paypal. Will the subscription system work for that? Does it send out reminders.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote

which one ?

kevinkap

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote

which one what? I do not know what you are asking.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quote

which subscription module are you talking about ?

kevinkap

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote

oh, just the one that comes normally in RN. Is it just to allow members access to the download section?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote

well there is no subscription module...
the only thing you can use is the nsn groups....
with that you can set subscribed areas on your site......
but for the downloads you must install the group downloads as well....
and to automate that process of paying members you can use the paypal block of nukescripts.net , but i dont know if all is still compatible....

kevinkap

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quote

I do not need anything for download, they are not used. Is there something that can be used simply to send notifications to members when their membership is almost up. I guess the reminders module is the closest thing I have found so far.

Thanks,

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote

ah i see....
as i recall that mod is to do the admins work.....
so it might be what your looking for....

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quote

kevinkap, I have not used the subscriptions feature in PHP-Nuke, but I have seen its "footprints" in several places and I suspect that it might do what you are asking. However, I do NOT believe there are levels of subscriptions for which you can tie module / block / message / forum permissions to. You are either are a "Subscriber" or you are not.

What hitwalker is describing is a way to set up different groups and place users into those groups and then you can set up permissions to the above things. You could use NSN Paypal to tie users to specific groups automatically (I think) depending on the level of their subscription. However, the only thing is that I do not know how active the development and support is for NSN Paypal any longer.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I am going to have to revive this as I am completely ignorant as to how to accomplish what I am trying to do.

When you edit a user, there is the option to make them a subscriber or not to as well as set a time period for this subscription. Now I am not having any luck as to how to allow the members "subscribe" themselves. I know you set up groups and such, as I have set up several private groups to allow some people access to places others cannot.

I have seen sites that have subscriptions ie gold, silver, bronze, etc. for various time periods. How is this done?

Thanks.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote

ok, it seam as if I give up and then find the answer. I added the subscription module from western studios, and all works fine.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote

thats indeed one i see many people use,so good choice i guess.. Wink

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:37 am Reply with quote

Speaking of FB's subscription feature ...

Do subscribe yourself first and check out the email that the system sends to you the "new subscriber". It goes on about no ad pages, which might not be what you want at all ... heck, I didn't even know an email was sent until I was staring at it in my inbox.

Quote:
This is an automated email to let you know that your subscription to our website's advertising removal has been activated starting from now and will be valid for 1 year(s).\n\nThe next time you visit our site, if you're logged in you'll notice that you'll not see any advertising at all, so you can browse our services without any distraction and in a more clean and comfortable environment.

Also, I installed cnbya the other day and this resulted in the inability to use this subscription feature at all. When editing a user there are no subscription fields. I can see where this might get a sysadmin into a bit of a tangle.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic