Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Public Testing of RavenNuke(tm) v2.10.00
webservant
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote

The form works, but I never received the article from the site.

Romans 8:28-39 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quote

Did you receive any errors?

webservant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:15 am Reply with quote

No. I receive no errors whatsoever, and no email. I've tried a couple of different themes and different mail accounts to make sure that the mail wasn't caught by some other process.

Here's my path...
Stories Archive -> Dec 2006 -> "Send the story to a friend" icon

Fill in the "Send to a Friend" form and click submit.

The page that comes up isn't the home page.
The URL is: http://www.ravennuke.com/news.html?file=friend

There are no visible error messages anywhere on the page. It shows all four news stories, but I can't seem to navigate there any other way.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:20 am Reply with quote

I have fixed this in our code repository so that next time Raven refreshes the site, you will be able to re-test.

webservant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:24 am Reply with quote

Thanks montego!

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quote

Refreshed!

webservant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote

It's still behaving the same - not receiving the story.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote

I tried twice, once last night and once this morning... after Raven refreshed. And both times I didn't get the email.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quote

Raven, I had FTP'd the exact file to my own server this morning and tested it, so I know it worked at least there. Is it possible that the with the server setup?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quote

I can't imagine what it would be. It's the same server that all our sites are on.

webservant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:16 am Reply with quote

Registration works which also requires email. I would suspect that it's something between the posting of the form and the commands that execute the email stream. Most likely it's something really subtle.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:20 am Reply with quote

Raven, have you sync'd up the site since all the changes you made last night? I see that webservant has posted this in the AM, which is why I ask.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 am Reply with quote

Yes, around 4 or 5 am.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote

I have removed the [FIXED] suffix, because this is still not working. It is odd. It has nothing to do with the mail send process, which is what I was originally thinking that was the issue being described. But it is not.

Click on a Read more... or comments and then with the article details click on the "Send to Friend" link on the right. It just bumps you back to the article page.

Something does appear to be redirecting it. It could either be a Header() function call (which is my "gut feeling"), or a ShortLinks issue. If we turn off ShortLinks we'll know for sure (although I tested that locally and it works fine). We'll have to dig into the friend.php code more closely.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote

Raven, I see it seems to be fixed now. What was wrong? (I guess I'll see it come across in the next SVN update.) Way to go!

webservant, please verify that you are satisfied with this now. Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote

Not sure. I did go through the distro and changed all the references to X-Mailer from \n to \r\n but that was this morning. Maybe one of the programs I changed affected it although it is a self contained module, so I doubt it. We'll just wait on confirmation.

webservant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:54 am Reply with quote

I'm still not receiving the story, and I've tried three different email systems.

I tried the functionality from this site (which is still 2.02.02 right?), and it works find. Interestingly, I get put to a response page not the news story page that the 2.10 site sends me to. Here is the contents of the response page:
Quote:
Story NukeSeo.com - hard work for PHPNuke day by day: celebrate this Has been sent to Doug... Thanks!

If you would like, post the 2.02.02 and 2.10 code for friend.php (or send them to me in a PM, and I'll run it through Beyond Compare and post back the differences. Question

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:13 am Reply with quote

[quote="WebServant:]If you would like, post the 2.02.02 and 2.10 code for friend.php (or send them to me in a PM, and I'll run it through Beyond Compare and post back the differences.[/quote]
Not necessary, but thank you. We have compare tools.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:28 am Reply with quote

webservant, I am getting confused and I need help in getting back on track here. This thread is open under the public testing of the upcoming new release of RN2.10, as demonstrated through [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

What I observed a few days ago was that no matter which article I clicked into, whenever I clicked on the "Send to Friend" link, it just brought me back to where I started from and did NOT bring up the page where I can enter in my friend's email address.

Was this the behaviour that you were originally referencing?

I have tested this again using [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and I am not seeing this behaviour any longer. Are you saying that on the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] site, you are still having issues? If you are, what browser and version are you using?

I need to know if we have this fixed for 2.10 release. Thanks.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quote

I've tried it twice this morning and it doesn't work.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quote

Raven, we may have had two issues here because the other day I could not even get to the page where I would enter in the email addy. So, I am just trying to clarify a bit with webservant about one of the issues.

I agree, I have not received the email either.... Sad

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:55 am Reply with quote

It's fixed. I turned ShortLinks off and it works w/o any problem. My guess is that the ShortLinks logic is changing the action parameter of the FORM to form action="news.html?amp;file=friend" and I don't think the .htaccess rule is interpreting it correctly. I have to goto to bed - been up all night - I'll check back with you later.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quote

That definitely explains it then. I will figure this out and fix.

webservant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:02 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
webservant, I am getting confused and I need help in getting back on track here. This thread is open under the public testing of the upcoming new release of RN2.10, as demonstrated through [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

What I observed a few days ago was that no matter which article I clicked into, whenever I clicked on the "Send to Friend" link, it just brought me back to where I started from and did NOT bring up the page where I can enter in my friend's email address.

Was this the behaviour that you were originally referencing?

No, my original post was that I do get the for for entering my friend's email address. When I submit this form, I am taken to a page that looks like the home page with all the news present in the "middle" column but no messages or "right" column. The major error that I see is the my friend never receives the email.

To double check my own testing (because my site has NSN News), I went back to ravenphpscripts.com and tried the same test, and I have previously noted the following differences: 1) After I submit the form, I go to a different landing page that is a confirmation of my email transaction (see previous post), and 2) my friend actually receives an email with a link to the story.

So, I agree with your latest assertions. We are chasing two issues in this thread. I have never had the problem with getting the "Send to Friend" form. However, I have been using http://www.ravennuke.com instead of http://www.ravennuke.com which MAY make a difference in the shortlinks rewrite rules (probably not, but it's a possibility).

Hope this clarifies things.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:13 am Reply with quote

We'll see... I have made the fix, but it will take Raven to refresh [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I needed to add an additional rule to handle the form action link. Embarassed

I do not believe that ShortLinks will care if its [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or ravennuke.com. At least it never has on all the sites I am using it on.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Public Testing of RavenNuke(tm) v2.10.00

View next topic
View previous topic