Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quote

A few people have sent a PM and I haven't received them. I found out because they were sending it to my god admin account, so I tried to log in under my god admin name to get the PM's, but can't log in for some reason. I used the retrieve password and so I know its in the database, but still tell me the login info is incorrect.
Before I go tinkering with my database, thought I'd ask here first what should I do to be able to log in my god admin as a regular user?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote

well nice start would be to clean your computer of every internet garbage.
history , cookies etc...
then log in as admin using the correct info,do avoid the usage of autoform/autofill .
it might put in the wrong info...
simple things you can try.

srhh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:46 pm Reply with quote

No go. I just tried it from my work computer too and it wouldn't let me log in as a regular user. (I usually post in forums and do other non-god admin stuff from another superuser account on my site, so I'm just finding this stuff out now about the god admin not loggin in as a normal user).
I just looked at the database and there are two entries in nuke_users for my god admin username.
The first one looks like the one the pm's are getting sent to by what I can tel from the database structure.
Is it ok to delete the second one, and would this be why I'm having these issues?
(It makes me paranoid dropping anything from a core table, so I want to doubly make sure)

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:03 pm Reply with quote

Thats not correct.
The God admin and super user accounts should be in nuke_authors NOT nuke_users

srhh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:07 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion. I figured it out. During the initial setup I made a regular account for my god admin too, but it had somehow dupicated the regular account information. I deleted the duplicate account from the table and can log in as a normal user using my god admin name. My god admin is in nuke_authors as well, but the duplicates were in nuke_users.
I know I might sound confusing, if so, don't worry, its fixed now. Smile
Thanks Smile

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quote

I know exactly what you mean, I did the same thing Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic