Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
steve_lemaster
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote

I don't think I have ever encountered a more difficult installation in my 15 years of computing.

Thanks all the same, though. I'm sure that PHPNuke is a fantastic CMS, but, it's just too difficult to install.

I followed all of the necessary steps and I still get this:

thejackal
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote

Not sure what version you are using but RavenNuke version was the easiest pkg I ever installed and I did not use any 3rd party utility, just followed the steps in the install html and it was up and running in about 30 minutes, sooner but never installed a CMS before.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:41 am Reply with quote

If you ran, or tried to run, the installSQL script, I'd say this problem is related to the problem with your config.php database connection settings. Once the data connection settings work, you should reinstall the tables using the installSQL.php script.

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Steve_Lemaster. I have found it to be by far the easiest CMS to install, and I have tried Platinum, Joomla, plain old php-nuke, and EVO. As kguske stated, make sure your config.php has correct information in it. If it was me, I would wipe it all off, and start over from the beginning. Upload all files again, and follow the installation files and do exactly as it states.

Raven Nuke is by far the securest I have played with for a while. It is worth the time, which isn't real long, to install. If you have MSN and I can help you install and get it running, I am usually on in the evenings unless I am on duty. My MSN is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
steve_lemaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote

Well, folks, I uploaded RavenNuke and it uploaded fine. It connected to my database and the InstallSQL worked, as well as the setup.

If I had to go through all of those steps, then I can't see how the config.php is the problem.

I really would like to get this installed. My web host has Fantastico and it intalls PHPNuke 7.9. I won't use it until I can get NukeSentinel installed for it. Up until now, every version of Sentinel I have used has completely destroyed my site.

steve_lemaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
If you ran, or tried to run, the installSQL script, I'd say this problem is related to the problem with your config.php database connection settings. Once the data connection settings work, you should reinstall the tables using the installSQL.php script.

That makes no sense. If I had to follow the steps in the InstallSQL and setup, which I did, then the config.php has to work. It tells you if it found/connected to config.php or not.

FireATST

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Steve, but by your first post in this thread I took it that your site was not working, that is why the config.php was suspected. Now you say it uploaded correctly and went through all the setup correctly then what is the problem you are having. I most have missed it somehow, but I have tried reading the post several times.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:29 pm Reply with quote

Let's review. You changed the config.php, uploaded the files, ran the install script and all was good - no errors.
steve_lemaster wrote:
I uploaded RavenNuke and it uploaded fine. It connected to my database and the InstallSQL worked, as well as the setup.

Some questions to clarify:
Did you check the database to make sure the database tables are installed correctly?
Did the error message appear immediately after running the install script?
Have you verified that the database is running?

As for running 7.9, I wouldn't recommend running that even with NukeSentinel. PHP-Nuke 7.7 and higher removed important security / protection that even NukeSentinel cannot restore.

steve_lemaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:43 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Let's review. You changed the config.php, uploaded the files, ran the install script and all was good - no errors. Some questions to clarify:
Did you check the database to make sure the database tables are installed correctly?
Did the error message appear immediately after running the install script?
Have you verified that the database is running?

Yes. Look at my initial post. It states that the configuration tables are missing.

Last edited by steve_lemaster on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total 
steve_lemaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote

FireATST wrote:
Sorry Steve, but by your first post in this thread I took it that your site was not working, that is why the config.php was suspected. Now you say it uploaded correctly and went through all the setup correctly then what is the problem you are having. I most have missed it somehow, but I have tried reading the post several times.

Look at my initial post with the image. It's self explanatory.

steve_lemaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote

Sorry, guys. But it's becoming quite clear to me that PHPNuke is not a user friendly CMS if one has to go through all this trouble.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:14 am Reply with quote

your attitude about this is not helping matter. kguske asked you several very important questions. If you could please take a few minutes to check and answer each one it will help a great deal. Also, a link to your website would be helpful.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
kguske

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote

Steve, normally it's very easy to install - as several people have stated. FireATST offered to assist directly, and several people have tried to assist. Unfortunately, we are not always able to respond in 5 minutes.

This problem doesn't make sense. There could be a number of issues specific to your environment. Having access to your site would help us troubleshoot this issue more quickly. If you can PM access information (e.g. FTP and / or control panel), that would greatly help. It will be much more difficult to resolve without that, but having screenshots of the database (e.g. a list of the tables) via phpMyAdmin would be a start.

steve_lemaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:03 pm Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
your attitude about this is not helping matter. kguske asked you several very important questions. If you could please take a few minutes to check and answer each one it will help a great deal. Also, a link to your website would be helpful.

That's the prblem with message boards, you can't convey your message very well. I assure you that I am quite calm about this matter.

At any rate, I meant to answer yes to each question that asked.

steve_lemaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Steve, normally it's very easy to install - as several people have stated. FireATST offered to assist directly, and several people have tried to assist. Unfortunately, we are not always able to respond in 5 minutes.

This problem doesn't make sense. There could be a number of issues specific to your environment. Having access to your site would help us troubleshoot this issue more quickly. If you can PM access information (e.g. FTP and / or control panel), that would greatly help. It will be much more difficult to resolve without that, but having screenshots of the database (e.g. a list of the tables) via phpMyAdmin would be a start.

It is a subdomain from my site for my son. It's at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If anyone wants to, I can email them my usrname and password to my webhost so they can take a look at it.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quote

OK. Send it to me via PM, and I'll take a look.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Looking now.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote

Definitely a problem with your webserver. I found this message in the error log:
Code:
[27-Dec-2006 01:54:14] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Çñ·: Unable to initialize module

Module compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP    compiled with module API=20041030, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0

The other (more significant) problem is the $prefix setting in config.php. It was set incorrectly. I corrected it, but left the original config.php there with a different name.

Now, you just need to complete the installation by removing the installation directory.

steve_lemaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote

What do those error codes mean?

Thanks a million. You guys have been patient with me and I greatly appreciate it.

Now I can get my son off my back.

But, there is a problem:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

phpBB : Critical Error

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'yyy.xxx_users' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM xxx_users WHERE user_id = 1

Line : 136
File : sessions.php

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:33 am Reply with quote

I've never seen those error codes before, but it has something to do with how PHP is installed on your server. Check with your host.

Looks like you resolved the admin login issue (it was set up when you installed).

As for the phpBB issue, there is a second config parameter for the prefix of the users table. It was also defined incorrectly in config.php. I corrected this, too.

Be careful about posting information like the database and prefix in a public forum. That information can be used to attack your site, so I removed it from your post.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic