Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
mkmagu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quote

I've been working on a new site for a while now, I first started out with phpnuke 7.9 loading it with fantastico. The main problem I had with this site is every time I went back to work on the site it would be back at the default theme and new modules would be deactivated. After searching the web to find out why this was happening I came across this site and decided to dump the 7.9 and load ravennuke 2.02.02. The load was easy and it appeared I had no problems. I did add a few of the Modules and everything looked good. I've been having problems with my main ISP so I logged on with a backup ISP and went to work on my site I'm now having the same problems I had with 7.9 Deep Blue as the theme and the modules installed including Sentinel are deactivated. If I activate them they do not appear in the Module menu but only in the Invisible Modules even if I flag them visible. I tried logging off and ended up with a white screen, hit the back button to get back to the site whiched worked. I when to check the NSN Groups and found this error;
Quote:
It appears that NSN Groups has not been configured correctly. The most common cause is that you either have an error in the syntax that is including includes/nsngr_func.php FROM your mainfile.php, or you have not added the NSN Groups code to your mainfile.php. This code must be placed immediately before the closing ?> tag in mainfile.php. So your first 7 lines in mainfile.php must look like this:

if(defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
include("../../../includes/nsngr_func.php");
} elseif(defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
include("../../includes/nsngr_func.php");
} else {
include("includes/nsngr_func.php");
}
?>

I followed the instructions and added it to mainfile.php first 7 lines and ended up with a white screen again. I'm at a lost to figure out what is wrong Sad

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:35 pm Reply with quote

If you followed the full installation process for Ravennuke 2.02 then NSNgroups would be installed correctly. You would not need to edit mainfile.

Are your nsngroups tables installed correctly? That's what I would look at first. You should have a "nuke_nsngr_config" and a "nuke_nsngr_groups" and a "nuke_nsngr_users" table. The install sql for groups, which is found in the /INSTALLATION/sql folder also "alters" a couple of your other tables. So you need to double check that this SQL was run successfully.

mkmagu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:49 pm Reply with quote

All 3 tables are showing configured in SQL I tried doing a repair on the tables but still having the same problem.

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Sorry that didn't work for you. The mainfile that's in the distribution of RN 2.02.02 should not need modification so I'm puzzled. It might be painful but what I'd suggest would be deleting everything and then re-ftp'ng the files from the distribution. If you had a lot of "junk" from Nuke 7.9 out there maybe something didn't get overwritten. We also see a lot of problems with the FTP process not completing and the error messages not being very enlightening when FTP fails. If you start with a clean slate you'll have a better idea of whether everything gets copied up okay.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quote

I know that white screens could be a theme misconfig. ie: using a theme that isn't all there. What happens if you use the default fisubice as your theme? Does the white screen problem go away? Are you using a DeepBlue theme that came with nuke 7.9 rather than the one that was distributed with RavenNuke2.02?

Also, in order for the module to actually show up in your Menu/Modules block you need to edit it from the Modules Administration. Actually, click on the edit, not just activate, then edit something, or not, then save. Then the module will show up in the right place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
problems with the FTP

I didn't use FTP I uploaded the zip file and moved the files to the correct folder. I'll try from scratch one more time.

Quote:
What happens if you use the default fisubice as your theme?

Actually that is the theme that should be appearing when I put it back as the main theme the next time I check the site it's back to the deep blue theme.

mkmagu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote

Well I've tried to reload the site twice the first time I got to the setup.php page filled in all the fields but still got an error popup stating all fields must be filled in. I could still bring up the site but could not log into sentinel it didn't like the passwords that were configured. I tried a second time with the same results. Crying or Very sad

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:30 am Reply with quote

Did you setup your database, as described in the install docs?
What versions of php and mysql are you using?
Did you upload *everything* in the package?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quote

mkmagu wrote:
Well I've tried to reload the site twice the first time I got to the setup.php page filled in all the fields but still got an error popup stating all fields must be filled in. I could still bring up the site but could not log into sentinel it didn't like the passwords that were configured. I tried a second time with the same results. Crying or Very sad

Was the issue with setup.php all this time? I just want to make sure. There is a known issue with setup.php in the 2.02.02 release with this specific error message (as a search here will tell you).

Try deleting all cookies and temporary internet files, close all browser instances, then open a new browser window and try the setup.php again.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:25 am Reply with quote

you cannot copy and paste any info into the set up fields. You MUST actually type them in. If you do not, it will keep saying that the fields need to be filled in. Most of us learned that the hard way. Please try that again.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
mkmagu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote

I deleted the cookies and closed the browser that seam to help a little with the setup.php I still have deepblue as the main theme and still have some of the same errors. The web server is running SQL 4.1.21-standard and PHP 4.4.3.
When I ran setup.php I had this error at the bottom of the page
Quote:

Unable to Update nuke_nsnst_config table. MySQL reported: Table 'atlantic_nuke3.nuke_nsnst_config' doesn't exist
UPDATE nuke_nsnst_config set config_value='Mary@downeastmarketplace.com' WHERE config_name='admin_contact'

When I look in SQL the table is there; I'm begining to wonder if the zip file I downloaded is corrupted.

CodyG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote

I too am confuddled by your issues. "helping a little" isn't helpful at all, eh? But we muddle along anyways Wink

RN install is amazingly sleek and setup.php either works or it doesn't.... if it doesn't, then something isn't configured or you've got the wrong hardware and os versions. er, I'm no expert, but are you adding unusual characters into those setup.php fields?

In your themes/ dir... do you have all the standard themes? Including fisubice?

mkmagu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote

I'm going to give it one more shot I'm going to download the file this weekend I'm on dial up right now so it will take a while.

mkmagu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:13 pm Reply with quote

I downloaded the sw again, and got all the way to the confns.html page
instructions. Everything appeared to be working well closed the browser was able to log in etc. went out for the day came back on line and pulled up my site and I have the deepblue theme back. Sad
I'm going to have to look at another format for this site I wish I could get it working but since I can't I have to move to something else.
I have a couple of books on php & mysql will try going through those and maybe come back to this.
Thanks everyone for you help.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic