Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
thorsain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Well first sorry if this is not the right place to put this but i think its theme related....

I have created an own module thats really just a table list of drops in the World of warcraft game (not all just some)....
The name of the drops are links to thottbot so people can get all stats on the drops , there are blue and purple items and i need some links therefore to be blue and some purple...

I have tried almost everything i can figure also scanned the forum for clues but well i dont get any wiser Smile
Can say im newbie to php yes html isnt any problems and ive tried to do the table with html then use a module creator but then i end up with blank page not even theme showing...

I saw somewhere in the forum that the theme can override my colors i put in my module so i need a way to override the css file in the theme...
Perhaps there is a way to use an own css file for my module only....

Would be very happy if somebody could explain how to accomplish this and have in mind im newbee so pls tell me what code goes where and so on....

Thx

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote

well nice start would be to put up a link to the module..
then show us online what changes you made....

thorsain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:10 am Reply with quote

Well could do that but it means making an account for you as webmaster since only they can access this module and putting it in punlic here dont think so really.

And i dont think the question was so hard for an good php coder really so you have to see it (well you dont see it) Smile because text is formatting as all text in all site that goes for link color to.

I will try to explain again oerhaps im hard to understand.

1. Want this to use purple as link color now its white as all text in site.

<td><a href="http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51822" target="_blank">Aegis of the blood god</a></td>

Tried to put link statement in body tag (dont work)
Tried
. " <td><a class=a.menu\" href=\"http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51822\" target=\"_blank\">Aegis of the blood god</a></td>"

and in style.css is a A.menu:link,active,hover and so on... dosnt work
Do i have to call the css file in the header of my module ? then how is the code for this.

2. made a module with nuketools module creator (coded page in html) then module creator did the translation.....

And page are working except i tried to call the style.css file in alpha theme i have tried so many ways i found in forum but nothing works.....
So what i really want is somebody to tell me how to call the style.css and pull a nother class from there that will give me my color.

Hope this clear things or il just give it up. Smile

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quote

there are a few ways of doing this..
most obvious one is to change the hyperlink in your css to #FF00FF

or change the link itself like this :

Code:
<td><a href="http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51822" target="_blank">

<font color="#FF00FF">Aegis of the blood god</font></a></td>

thorsain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:30 am Reply with quote

Thx il try that one Smile

The problem with changing the css is that then all links changes cant have that i have some that shal be blue and some purple and the rest white as the theme has it.....

But il try your tip thx´s

thorsain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:43 am Reply with quote

Well here i am again tried your tip and yes it changes the color but its no hyperlink longer Smile why ?

Sorry it is a link i was fooled becaus no hover funtion Smile

mars
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote

Try this

Code:
<td class="bluelink"><a href="http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51822" target="_blank">Aegis of the blood god</a></td>

<td class="purplelink"><a href="http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51822" target="_blank">Aegis of the blood god</a></td>

Then in themes/YourTheme/style/style.css add the following lines to the very bottom.

Code:

.bluelink a:link,.bluelink a:active,.bluelink a:visited {color:#134475}
.purplelink a:link,.purplelink a:active,.purplelink a:visited {color:#660033}

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic