Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
thebishop
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with this module and i have tried to contact its author but i dont think he is around any longer
When i try to create a folder I get an error "wrong argument count "
I have tried every way possible but no joy.
I have all folders chmoded correctly.
I'm beginning to think it has something to do with my host because it worked perfectly on my last host.

is there anyone using it with success that knows why im doing wrong.

heres the link to the module. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:54 am Reply with quote

That script is far too old to be used on a production site, your playing with fire with this one - sorry!
If no one else can help, bump this post on the 29th and I'll try and take a look.

thebishop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:45 am Reply with quote

Playing with fire?, why becasue its unsafe.
I'm only going to use it to upload .dem files and there will only be 10 people that will have access to it and those are people i trust.
If there is some other module,block or software that is safe to do this with, please give me the link. thanks and have a safe and happy new year. Smile

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote

Any module that allows remote file uploads has to be considered with great care as these have been exploited time and time again - the one you are proposing to use is not even patched and the developer stopped maintaining it around 2 years ago when it was designed to work with phpNuke 6.5

I believe NSN GR Downloads allows remote file uploading and have not seen any vulnerability reports for that or there is EDL.

What I tend to do is use my cPanel to create an ftp log in for my trusted users as you can limit ftp access to a given folder and then get them to use the normal Download module to post the details.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote

thebishop, definitely be careful with any script which allows for file upload. Two issues arise from this:

1) the directory has to be set to 777 permissions in order for PHP to write to it (in lots of setups this is the case), which could allow for anything to be placed there if someone can find a hole in a PHP script on your site or anyone else's site on the same server, and

2) just because you only allow a certain group of user's access to the "module", if the module isn't written in such a way that it cannot be bypassed (i.e., it is called directly from the browser - outside of PHP-Nuke), it is "fair game".

Just some things to think about. Personally, I like Guardian's idea of setting up a FTP login for these few people and "home" the login to the one directory in question.

thebishop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote

ok thats what i'm going to do then, thanks guys for the good advice. Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic