Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
manunkind
Client

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:53 am Reply with quote

What's the exact purpose of this new file? There's nothing about it in the readme files or in the Admin Panel.

What does it do? Does it need to be uploaded for any of the features?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quote

Now, let me first say that I am only guessing on this from the code and knowing some of the issues we've had with admins getting banned by clicking on the Referrers.

Basically, I know that this release comes with its own Referrer functionality (so, you can "chuck" the core nuke version). So, I am thinking this allows an admin to click on the referrer link to visit that referrer AND to mask the URL so that it looks as though it is coming from your root nukeurl rather than providing the full admin link in the referrer path.

So, yes, I would think this is a critical file to upload.

manunkind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote

Thanks montego. I have it uploaded but I just wanted to know exactly what it did. Seeing how it's never been part of NS before, I expected to read something about it in the feature list or the installation files. But there was nothing at all explaining this new file.

manunkind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote

Weird. I'm not seeing any calls for it in the NS core files.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:35 am Reply with quote

It is called with the following code in /admin/modules/ABTrackedReferers.php:

Code:
    if($rfrom != "on site" AND $rfrom != "none" AND $rfrom !="local") {

$rfrom = "<a href=\"nsbypass.php?tid=".$tid."\" target=\"_blank\" title=\"$refered_from\">".html_entity_decode($rfrom, ENT_QUOTES)."</a>";

And you can see from the code in nsbypass that it is some form of administrative bypass. I guess if you have something in tracked_ips and you are an admin you get the bypass. Beyond that I can't say as I know little about what Sentinel does with referers or why. But at any rate, if you don't have that file it will cause an error in ABTrackedReferers.

manunkind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:58 am Reply with quote

Ahh ok. I didn't search the individual Admin files. I figured it would be a site wide bypass somewhere in nukesentinel.php.

Thanks fkelly.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic