Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
liqiud
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote

I can't seem to keep my ip address protected, which is of course causing me other problems. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote

Please describe the steps you are doing to protect your IP.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:58 am Reply with quote

If you do not have a consistent IP address, which can happen if you are using a dial-up connection or a wireless service, you may need to protect a range.

liqiud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:07 am Reply with quote

I'm actually putting in the subnet that i connect from, both at home and at work. I have cable, so I asked the cable company for a list of the subnets i could be on, and I actually got it, surprise, surprise. As for the way I'm doing it:

1. Login with superadmin ID

2. Click on Nuke Sentinel Module

3. Click protected Range Menu

4. Click Add protected Range

5. Add the protected range xxx.xxx.xxx.0 - xxx.xxx.xxx.255 and add a comment, select country, and uncheck add another protected range.

6. Click add protected range

7. The list autodisplays and it's there.

It's been added, and i can see my admin id in the protected ids. However anytime i click on Edit Admins, it comes up with the nuke error, instead of the black screen, i've somehow changed it to just say illegal operation (not sure where that setting was).

Anyway, i think that covers both responses.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

The Illegal Operation message generally indicates you are not using the God account.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
liqiud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:16 am Reply with quote

That's what i thought, or at least that's what i figured since using the god acct. doesn't have that problem. I guess my real question is the god account the only account allowed to access the edit admins module? If so, how would i have an admin change his or her password to the admin site, without editing the DB?

evaders99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Right they won't be able to change their password. You could disable the check on that God account, but of course it would allow any admin access to change others passwords.

liqiud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quote

hmmm...I guess i'll need to write a php page to let them change their passwords. Anyone have anything like that, that i can build on?

I'm thinking something that makes them authenticate, and changes the old password to new password.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic