Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
binhaus
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:05 am Reply with quote

Hi i have serched here but not find solution !! Sad

updated form nstn 4x to the 2.5.03 by reinstall old one and full fress install new one..
then just updated some countries as i think it needed

but last two day and yesterday too i have 3 pm from my friend and family report to me they can not access the site from fist open .. all they got is black screen and some messages like this
( i never seen that one by myselft .. )
+++++++++++++
You have attempted to access this site with an invalid IP. If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at webmaster(at)*****(dot)com. Be SURE to include the following information in any email! User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 Remote Address: 203.160.1.43 Client IP: none Forwarded For: 192.168.106.143
+++++++++++++++++

so it would be lot of visiter have same problems ( my site have about 20000 hits days )

at moment i just comment out " Invalid ip " as some one advices here for temprolly make site working smothly ..

just some question any one can help??

-- is that comment out " Invalid ip" is work for this case ???
i've never get block so i can not test.
any one can tell me how to test nstn??

--- second.. is necessary to import all ip2cc table or just some as i need ..??

-- what is ( "IANA Reserved" is just that,
IP Ranges that have been found to not be assigned to a country. The "Unknown"
is a pair of entries that are equal to 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 and
127.0.0.0 to 127.255.255.255. ) that i see on the instruction.. so how come to do it right on live site ???

-- i'v checked the blocked ip list but see nothing there ???

please advices ..

Last edited by binhaus on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:40 am Reply with quote

well i can almost understand what your saying but first....
install ip2country first.....
yes every country has to be imported......

start there...

binhaus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote

fist sorry my bad English
phew Smile atlast i have 75.947 records inserted. is that correct for IP2Country_2006-11-03_Data?
thank to admin of *www.xaluan.com and *www.veryzoo.com for help me how to import one time all data ( i hope next release of nstn will have this function ) Smile

now can you help me out for those question :

-- how could i test the invalid IP on my site to make sure nstn work ??

-- what is IANA Reserved and Unknow IP . i have read the import.txt but totally don't know how to do it on live site

-- and in case the nstn still make block visiter by invalid IP can I comment out " Invalid ip " in the functions.php for make the site work ?? any bad effect of this ?

regards

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:36 am Reply with quote

Anything that is IANA Reserved means that they are holding a range of IP addresses in reserve for future use.

Quote:
and in case the nstn still make block visiter by invalid IP can I comment out " Invalid ip " in the functions.php for make the site work ?? any bad effect of this ?

Quote:

no..

binhaus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:48 am Reply with quote

thanks for fast reply!
I know meaning of IANA reserved , Sad I just dont know how to following this instruction (".... "The "Unknown"
is a single entry that is equal to 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 . On a live
site you should edit it to "IANA Reserved" for proper blocking of that range."") ??

i just worry some visiter of my site they access web from proxy firewall while they using internet at local network, and the IP may be count as 192.168.1.*

and one again .. how can i test invalid ip to make sure nstn now working well ?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:52 am Reply with quote

well the invalid ip,or problems by proxy are discussed a lot of times...
please search for the topics that deals with that...
its a bit reading but you will learn from it to..

binhaus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote

Finally affter searching around i find out best solution for this moment ( will waiting for updated of nstn fix that all )

- fist import all ip2cc table
- then empty all IANA Reserved or put it to UNKNOW
- put this line on the config.php to prevnet ipinvalid checking $bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck = TRUE;

- turn proxy block off

and then wait for any helpfully visiter spent time to report that him got black screen again Sad , seem got no way to test it.. and hope that not happent..
cheer for deverloper teem of nsnt i know thay will release new verstion soon

regards

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:24 am Reply with quote

Well, you don't need to do this:

Quote:

- then empty all IANA Reserved or put it to UNKNOW

If you have already done this:

Quote:

put this line on the config.php to prevnet ipinvalid checking $bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck = TRUE;

But, keep in mind, that your site is no longer protected from people using fake IP addresses. However, personally, I have not really seen much benefit of that given if they can spook an invalid IP, why couldn't they spoof any IP? Just a thought (I am probably missing something).

binhaus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
But, keep in mind, that your site is no longer protected from people using fake IP addresses. However, personally, I have not really seen much benefit of that given if they can spook an invalid IP, why couldn't they spoof any IP? Just a thought (I am probably missing something)

i agree for that point why attacker can user lot more affect tools like proxy or socks instead of spendtime for spoof ip.. but i will very happy if nstn teem will be released better completed tool for that ( not at this version )

second i will re update table of resevered IP as you advices .. thanks at all ..
regards

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic