Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Customized Distribution Packs
sqzdog
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:45 am Reply with quote

If I want to go from 7.0 distro to 7.2 distro, is this possible? Or do I need to follow suit 7.0, 7.1, 7.2?

Themis
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:27 am Reply with quote

I also would like to know this. We can't take another total wipe and restart so soon. Is this upgradable?

southern
Client

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Why not? Backup your root nuke files, config.php, etc. and upload the 7.2 files, overwriting the old files, then run the upgrade files, first to 7.1 then to 7.2. Works for me, should for you. Be sure to put any lines of code in the new files such as those pertaining to Sentinel ™ before uploading and there is no need to overwqrite the /modules or /themes directories.

mokee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:27 pm Reply with quote

Good question.

I have been running PHPNuke for a few years now, but I have not tried doing an upgrade. I am still using the PHPNuke 6.5 version, and I was wondering if it is even possible to upgrade the massive phpnuke 6.5 site I am running to the new Raven.

I am not really concerned about the content, I am can reinstall that. It is the Coppermine and forums, that concern me.

It feels like a very scary thing to attempt.

Has anybody tried upgrading from such an old Nuke version like 6.5 to the new Raven 7.3?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mokee

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:34 am Reply with quote

I actually upgraded a 5.5 site to 7.1. I check-pointed and backed up after every step. He had a stand-alone phpbb that I converted, so I guess it wasn't quite the same. But, I have done several 6.5 to 7.x following the standard database upgrade procedure (update sql). Core nuke has never been the problem. Customized themes and scripts are the issue almost 100% of the time. Changes in the db layer, etc. But, with patience, it can be done.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Customized Distribution Packs

View next topic
View previous topic