Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote

Funny you should mention that...I am working on it.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:09 am Reply with quote

What AREN'T you working on?? ROTFL

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote

So I guess we are back to a list of 'best practise' ideas on the 'how to make a module' model.
I agree, some form of 'certification' would be advantageous and something I would personally love to see.
But on the downside, unless you have a specific list of criteria to look at (example - admin files must have a means of authenticating file access to an admin only) only someone with a vast amount of coding knowledge would be able to make any assessment and these individuals are already usually working flat out on *something*.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote

Well, I didn't view it really as certification - more of as a list of available addons with additional information, possibly including vulernability, etc.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote

Personally, I would even settle for a list of still "active" add-ons... Force the add-on authors to update the repository and keep their add-ons "fresh", also with clear indications of what versions and patch levels as well as any known "negative interactions" if you catch my drift...

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote

OK thats helped with what you were thinking. I might tackle this once my current project is out of the way.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Bumping the above good nuke idea ...

These days new addons are few and far between and old favorites are likely full of holes and have missing developers. There is obviously a lack of nuke developer attraction and stickiness in the past few years.

And this is so unfortunate! The ability to develop the CMS way I want it, way beyond the cosmetics, is my most important factor in choosing a CMS. I so don't need anything resembling a cookie cutter and as I am not a programmer with great skills I like to keep it simple.... ergo, nuke. And RavenNuke so rocks the planet, I'm like a kid in a candy store.... so where is the candy?

If one does want to develop a new addon where does one go to get the latest and greatest guidelines? The nuke manual? It's a start, but it isn't giving many details in regards to writing secure code. And if the "leader FB" is as he his, then that is hardly an inspiration to work one's butt off create and support a new addon.

So, I agree, there needs to be a specific repository of nuke information... guidelines to development and ratings (and fixes) for all the nuke legacy code out there. Make the RN core the bar to which ratings rise .... I think it is a great project idea.

Last edited by CodyG on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total 
montego

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:22 am Reply with quote

Had a thought (happens every once in a while - fewer and farther in-between now as I approach 40! lol): the "certification" could even be community driven. I.e., not one person, or group, does that work. And, possibly let the community "police" the certifications...

CodyG, thanks for bringing this one back up! It is funny that I was actually thinking about this on Saturday... was thinking about using the credits module as a base or write my own.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic