Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
team_roadhog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Hi Girls & Guys & Sir Raven & Sir Montego!

The "Actual User Status: Offline" problem got me so far as to start a Linux server on a spare PC and I did the following test:

-Started a backup of my site before this problem - works OK!

-Started a current backup of my site on the same DB! - same problem.

I think I did research all the possiblities mentioned in the forums.
It is not the modules/Your_Account module as I copied the working site's Your_Account module on to the problem site, replacing the module - same symptoms.

Then I heard from one of my users the following phenomenon:
-If they log out and in again - their actual status is online.
-The same if they want to log out - they log out, then in and out again and to show them ofline.

I tested this on my experimental localhost - he is right!

Another test I did:
With both sites runing concurrently from the same DB (I know, I know):
-Loggin in on the "working" site it shows immediately actual status online and refreshing the "problem" site also show actual status online for that user!
-Loggin in on the "problem" site with another "user" does not, as expected, show actual status online and refreshing the "working" site neither?

If any of you can understand my rambling, please help me solve this.
I am in no "I will move to another CMS" hurry and eventually we will solve this! I do not YET know enough to solve this by myself - but give me a few years!

Some info:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

:PhpNuke 7.8 Patched with Sentinel
-By the way, I found out about these symptoms after the upgrade of the patch 3.2 and Sentinel. The "working" site on my local PC at home is of a backup just before the upgrade. (I am not pointing fingers - these symptoms are most probably because of my "programming" when doing the mentioned upgrades!) See: Find all posts by team_roadhog

:SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

:PHP Version 4.3.11

Thank you!
Wink

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:08 am Reply with quote

Following up to see if you resolved this.
Quote:
-If they log out and in again - their actual status is online.
-The same if they want to log out - they log out, then in and out again and to show them ofline.

Confused - that appears to be what should happen.

But your second point is interesting:
Quote:
-Loggin in on the "working" site it shows immediately actual status online and refreshing the "problem" site also show actual status online for that user!
-Loggin in on the "problem" site with another "user" does not, as expected, show actual status online and refreshing the "working" site neither?

Did you check the status of the database table using phpMyAdmin? Sometimes it's necessary to check / repair tables to resolve problems like this.

In addition to the Your_Account approach, what other solutions did you try?

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote

Well, this is the part where I demonstrate the fact that I can be a jerk.

I would normally be providing input on this subject; however, violation of the GNU/GPL license agreements by removing copyrights is a bad thing.

Even if you simply show Nuke's orginal credits and modify them to identify that you modified core code (in those credits, basically saying that what you have NOW is not what was originally shipped) would be okay, but stripping all of the primary and phpBB module footer credits out of the pages is a, "no, no".

For example, Raven's:
Quote:

Website engines core code is © copyright by PHP-Nuke but has been heavily patched and modified by myself and others.
PHP-Nuke is a free software released under the GNU/GPL.

Too many people spend too much time providing fixes and support to have credits gutted out. Thus, I feel obligated to refrain from providing support.

team_roadhog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote

Hi kguske,

Thanks for the interrest.
I did not check the status of the databasis as yet - will do the nesesarry research and come back with an answer.

The original problem is that when a user login his actual status is shown as offline but access is given as normal. This status stays offline for a long time period except if he logs out and then in again. Then his actual status is online.
The same if he logs out - he is shown online for a long time afterwards except if he logs back in and then out again.
Definitly mind boggling for me the wannabe webmaster!
Most probarly it is a small typing error caused by myself!

In the meantime - because of the time this problem consumed, I restored Nuke 7.8 without any patches on the working site. Will watch the site myself in the meantime to sort out the hachers. (Already had a mild insident! - that is why I appreciated Nuke Sentinel.)
That is another thing that made me think only of the Php code: It is excactly the same MySql database.

The localhost setup on the spare PC at home gives me the oppertunity to play with possible solutions and learn the same time - Php is not easy at my age to understand but we are trying.
Maybe by the time we solved this I might be able to write my own application specific CMS!
"I did not know is not an excuse!"

I tried to give you the access to backup site with the problem for testing but I think the Sentinel part of the backup is kicking in because of the different directory structure.

The ideal situation will be that everybody is part of one "think-scrum", working on one CMS! But ...

Greetings!

kguske wrote:
Following up to see if you resolved this.

Did you check the status of the database table using phpMyAdmin? Sometimes it's necessary to check / repair tables to resolve problems like this.

In addition to the Your_Account approach, what other solutions did you try?

team_roadhog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:32 am Reply with quote

Quote:
"64bitguy"Well, this is the part where I demonstrate the fact that I can be a jerk.

I would normally be providing input on this subject; however, violation of the GNU/GPL license agreements by removing copyrights is a bad thing.

At first I thought this post of "64bitguy" was wrongly posted! (no reference to original post)
I will never get used to some people first attacking!

Maybe like you said you are a jerk - I can guarantee that I would have reacted in some milder fashion (understandingly this is a sensitive and missused issue and I completely feel the same way you do about copyright notices)

I was completely surprized when I realized what you where agressivly talking about - and yes, I am sorry about sometime in the past removing it, most probably when I inserted my own footer - the copyright notice is back like it should have been.

Why not just state your problem and also that no help will be forwarded untill corrected? - That is how I would have reacted, (even with some applicable punctuation added) but maybe not everybody is a jerk!

And I am not agressive at the moment - just stating my view of your answer!
Many excuses again - I will try my best to be more perfect and without problems (that was a moment of sarcasm, sorry but it seemed proper!)

If one day I do not see myself as a wannabe webmaster anymore I hope that I still have the ability to be peacefully part of a team.

P.S. kguske, I still need to answer you, decided to do some tests on my own before starting another fight! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic