Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote

Greetings All,
Like most I am curious how 2.10 is coming. It has been about a month sice the last update. Has as release date been IDed as of yet?

Dawg

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote

I can just tell you that many changes in the form of bug fixes and compliance fixes are still being made and the product is being tested and retested. The bug fixes are almost all in old legacy PHPnuke code which has NEVER worked correctly. The installation routines are being tweaked and tested also. There really is a LOT of work going on behind the scenes but Raven is the only one who can give a projection on an actual release date ... I just know that it will be ready when it's ready.

benson
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:35 am Reply with quote

Dawg wrote:

It has been about a month sice the last update.

Did I miss something? I do not have updated since v2.02.02? Is it still the actual release?

gebiet51.de & fellpartner.de 
jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:28 am Reply with quote

Nope I don't think so. Smile

v2.02.02 is still the current release, but v2.10.00 is due out soon.

I think Dawg was just refering to an updated on the progress of v2.10.00.

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:30 am Reply with quote

Correct Jakec, Benson your version is the latest RN. As Jakec stated v2.10.00 is due to be out soon, when Raven says it is ready to go...Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
benson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm Reply with quote

Don't understand me wrong. I like to have minor updates because I did a lot of changes by my own (e.g. the weblink module which is a nightmare, page numbering in the news, etc.).
If there is a new update I have to do it once again (if not done by raven and all the other guys).

And don't hate me if I ask here what editor (WYSIWYG) will be included in the next release? Maybe it is a good idea to update the v2.10.00 'coming soon' part Rolling Eyes here in the forum 'Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.02.02 Distro' ?

jakec

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote

Well I know they have been making thousands of changes to the code to try and fix problems etc.

I think I'm right in saying the WYSIWYG is still FCKeditor, but don't quote me on that. Smile

benson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote

The problem is, if you do some changes by your own (e.g. preview thumbs in weblinks or page numbering in news) and they do thousands of important changes, you must copy the new files and do your changes again.
The security fixes we know for phpnuke are documented in a way that you can apply them manually without loosing your own changes.
If we are talking about the next release, I do not think they will have manual instruction for changing the code (hopefully not Smile)

But that is the situation I have and I think many more users did their own changes ...

Ok, we will see what raven and the others did for us. Of course it will be worth to wait until it is 100% tested. If not, I will have to change it too often I think Sad.

Would be a fine christmas gift for me ....

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:35 pm Reply with quote

The problem as always is that as improvements are made, depending on what you have done to your own files, you would need to do a file by file comparison.
This is not just for Raven Nuke but for plain nuke, or any other script.

Hopefully, if you have fixed several bugs yourself, these should be fixed in Raven Nuke too.

If you have 'hacked' your code to add extra functionality, you would need to do a file compare.

As it stands at the moment, there are simply too many changes to make a 'manual editing guide' as it would probably be bigger than nuke itself given that I don't think there is a single file that has either had bug fixes applied or work for speed enhancements, security enhancements or compliance issues.

All I can say is it WILL be worth the wait and the effort Wink

fkelly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:05 pm Reply with quote

Just a thought, but what you might want to start doing is to isolate and document the changes you have made. I mean a list of what files you've changed and where the changes are if possible. You'll then want to reapply those changes on a one by one basis to the RN2.10 code ... after checking to assure compatability and that RN hasn't also dealt with the issue you were dealing with. I say to go in that direction, that is reapplying your changes to the RN code because of the literally thousands of fixes that will come incorporated in the RN code.

Also, yes it is FCKeditor and it's integrated though I believe you can turn it off.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic