Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
sixf00t4
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote

fresh install here, and when i create a new story, and hit post, it goes back to the story admin, as if it had posted it, but nothing is created in the db. I saw a thread here about 'union' or a character limit, but i tried just using "12345" for the subject and body and still did it. I tried without the wysiwyg editor initially, but made the changes to implement it and still get the same thing. if i hit preview post, it displays fine, and i hit post, and the same thing happens. clues?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote

And the link to your site would be...?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote

sixf00t4, well, this definitely is nowhere near normal behaviour for a fresh install. I've installed this at least 50 - 60 times without this issue. Make sure you followed every step to its fullest and make sure every file was FTP'd properly and not corrupted.

sixf00t4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote

the link to my site is not publicly viewable as it's hosted on my intranet. I could open it up if you have something in mind to look at, but beyond giving you access to post, i don't don't see how my link will help.

I'm certainly not asserting any fault on the distro, just trying to get some help on identifying the problem. I used phpnuke for about 3 years, and took down the site back in march, so i'm familiar with how things work, but i need a refresher, especially since now i'm using raven's.

I've reuploaded modules/news/*.*, mainfile.php, includes/*.*, and config.php from the original 2.02.02 distro and still the same thing. what else goes into posting? tried different PCs/browsers. Posting comments to existing news works fine....

sixf00t4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:41 am Reply with quote

hmmmm....seems i can't add surveys either, just goes to a white page for /admin.php

sixf00t4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:06 am Reply with quote

got it.

i had kept the same db that i had back in march, and treated the install as an upgrade, and for some reason there were some extra fields on the poll_desc, stories, and pollcomments tables, so that's probably why the inserts weren't working. would have been nice to get some sort of error message...i'm assuming there's an error switch i could have turned on. all is well now. thanks guys.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote

I guess it is difficult for us in that you said up front this was a fresh install. That implies INSTALLATION/installSQL.php script was run per the install instructions, which on 2.02.02, would have deleted ALL your tables in that database... and this would not have been an issue.

Anyways, glad you found it and are back up and running.

sixf00t4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote

well, i did run through the installer, i figured it would have dropped whatever fields were extra...

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:55 am Reply with quote

No, there is a warning in big red letters stating that al exisitng tables and data will be lost.
If you are trying to use data from another version, you would need to manually compare the table structure.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic