Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
starsky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 am Reply with quote

First of all while scanning down the list of threads and reading the various replies, it is obvious how much patience you guys have while replying to noobies like me, on there behalf and mine.A BIG THANK YOU!!
Ok the issue I have relates to the download section of my site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it has only occured since I have activated Sentinalc (2.4.2 pl3 and yes it needs to be updated one of my jobs on the list). I or no one else can download. Now I am a total noobie with this so be gentle. When I turn off Sentinel in the admin section of site ( using PNC_3.0.1think it is based around Nuke 7.6), there is no difference, when I comment out the .htaccess and .staccess files the dowloads are restored. So I presume I will need to add permissions somewhere?? Now the download folder on my webby supports both the website dl section and http redirect on one of my game servers so I need to be able to give acces to both. I would appreciate any help that can be given on this matter.
Plus second noob question. I wish to add another admin the website admin section, but after trying to follow the guides to add another admin on the htaccess and staccess it still did not work.
I want to be able to have a seperate user name and a seperate password for the other admin. If it is possible could some please put sample htaccess and staccess on this thread for me with the details for both problems if that's what is needed.

Thanks in antisipation

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote

starsky wrote:
when I comment out the .htaccess and .staccess files the dowloads are restored. So I presume I will need to add permissions somewhere?? Now the download folder on my webby supports both the website dl section and http redirect on one of my game servers so I need to be able to give acces to both.

Please inform me of the contents of the .htaccess that is in the folder that you use downloads for.

starsky wrote:
I want to be able to have a seperate user name and a seperate password for the other admin.

You will need to create the admin username and password in Sentinel, Then look in .staccess and change ONLY the username. There are forums here that will show you how to properly recode a password, Search for those if that is necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote

There is no .htaccess file in the download file, should there be one? I said I was a noob Embarassed

THX for the prompt reply btw.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Curious, are you getting any error mesaages or anything?
White blank page?

starsky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote

No I did not get any errors
I have put a blank .htaccess file in there now and it works ok.
Now you will tell me that is wrong!!!

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Does that mean that the blank .htaccess fixed your error or should we look further into this?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote

Plrase rename your old htacces file to something like access.txt (don't forget to take off the dot at the beginning) and send me a link to it please by PM.
I want to take a look at it.

starsky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Well it is strange but it has seemed to have worked, but will this cause any security problems for the future? I really am that stupid sorry to ask!! And thanks for your help btw...

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Thats one of the things I needed to look at it for Wink

starsky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:39 am Reply with quote

It is the standard one shown here with no added extra, and nothing has been written to it.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:17 am Reply with quote

You are using PC Nuke are you not - according to your first post?
If thats the case there may have been something in there that was needed if you accidentally over wrote it with the one that comes with Sentinel or if you edited the original htaccess file to include the code from the Sentinel htaccess file you may have accidentally missed a character.
I am just trying to determine what the problem is with htaccess as there is clearly a problem if removing it makes it work.
It may be that some of the directives use in it are not allowed by your host but then I would have expected an error message displayed of some sort.

starsky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:37 am Reply with quote

As I said I used the example htaccess file provided within PNC Nuke package which is the same as the one here. I have added 2 users as per tutorial plus the staccess info again as per tutorial. Both look the same as when I uploaded them, nothing has been added, written to or changed from that day. Everything seems to be working fine now. To achieve this all I did was add a blank htaccess file into the download folder. I do not begin to uderstand how all this works, and leave that to you clever guys.
Here it is

Options All -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
<Files .ftaccess>
deny from all
</Files>

<Files .staccess>
deny from all
</Files>

<Files admin.php>
<Limit GET POST PUT>
require user xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
</Limit>
AuthName "Restricted AREA if you are not a Aeon Flux admin Please go away!!!"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/.staccess
</Files>

# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) DENY FROM area

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:52 am Reply with quote

Right now I understand.
You mentioned the Downloads folder having a htaccess file in it...
I am going to assume you mean the downloads folder in which you are keeping your actual downlodable files and NOT the modules/Downloads directory.
If that is the case then if there are access permissions set in the htaccess file in that directory I would expect people NOT to get the downloads access.

The htaccess code you posted above should be in the root directory (where mainfile.php and config.php are located.

starsky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:57 am Reply with quote

where is the telephone lol
ok the example is in the root where it should be.
The download folder is not the modules dl but a seperate folder for visiters to the site to dl game mods, maps and general game utilities. This is the folder that I had trouble with, but as I have said I just put a blank htaccess in this folder and i was able to use the dl function again with no problem.
I am really sorry if i did not explain it to well in the first instance. Embarassed

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:04 am Reply with quote

Not a problem.
From what you have described you may have accidentally upload a htaccess file which contained access permissions to your file downloads directory - easy enough to do.

Any way you are working now thats the main thing!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic