Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
ramus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I have ravenNuke76 installed and ive just downloaded a few themes to try out for my site. The thing is when i use any other theme apart from the default fisubice theme, most of the blocks on my page dissapear from the right side of the website. Why is it doing this? anyone else got the same problem, and how do i go about sorting it out. I have a call of dut2 clan website you see and the fisubice theme dont really look right for a clan theme. Thanks in advance guys.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Please, please, please, please - read the FAQ before asking questions!

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote

In the ravenNuke76 package you downloaded for your install, check out the folder called PatchedLevel3.1_docs. In there you will find a readme.txt file. Open it and it tells you the coding changes needed to be made to 3rd party modules and themes. You can also do as Raven has politely asked people to do for the 1000 time..... Smile or do a search on the forums here and you will see plenty of posts similiar to this one that have already been answered......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ramus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:18 am Reply with quote

Hi guys and thanks for your replys. I didnt think to look in the FAQ. Im really new to all this. Thanks for the advice will give it a go later on today Smile

FosgateElite
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote

I have the same issue.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

My main issue is the images. I need them to dynamically resize so the page doesn’t overflow to the right. I do not want horizontal scroll bars on the forums. Any ideas? Sad

I also havent figured out If i want to keep the left blocks while the forum page is up. Do you know how to get rid of both the left and right blocks when viewing the forums?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Read the FAQ! RTM

FosgateElite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote

too bad the faq doesnt answer my question

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote

How to hide left blocks when viewing...

The right blocks are hidden with $index=0; or define('INDEX_FILE', false); depending on what version you're using. It's not in the FAQ because it's in phpNuke documentation.

Also, look in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] concerning the blocks. As to the theme, one of the theme gurus will probably answer that.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote

you stated that "you have the same problem" this was posted as a thread about the right blocks being gone. That is why Raven gave you the information. As far as your forum goes. You are using HUGE images in there. You will have a scrollbar at the bottom of the page. You may use this mod that i am providing below to fix that. As far as hiding your left blocks you will need to look in the how to section of the forums for that answer. It is clearly listed there. Good luck:)
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

you will have to register to download.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
FosgateElite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
How to hide left blocks when viewing...

The right blocks are hidden with $index=0; or define('INDEX_FILE', false); depending on what version you're using. It's not in the FAQ because it's in phpNuke documentation.

I know how to hide the right block, im just interested in hiding the left blocks on specific modules such as the forums on this site.

Thanks for the help! Smile

jaded

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote

as i said, search the forums how to's. The answer is there.

FosgateElite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote

Im sure it is, I have'nt gotten around to looking for it yet. I just figured whoever answered my first question could give me a quick answer for me second.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quote

Ok, please read and search for your answers, AFTERWARDS, if you still need help, Im sure youll find it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote

Yeah yeah, I know. No need to insult my intelligence.

I don't need 3 people telling me the same thing. If you had read my post darklord, you would have seen my explanation.

As far as I was concerned, this topic was concluded until you posted your comments.

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quote

Actually I was offering my direct help in a more suddle way, wasnt trying to insult you and my apologies if it came off like that.

Anyway, now you know that I am available to help out directly if you need it but I would appreciate a little benefit of the doubt that Im not trying to insult you, I really wasnt.

FosgateElite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote

Sorry if I came off a little rude, but I get tired of mods telling me something I already know. I just thought it would be convenient to get it done all in the same place.

I do have another issue now that I won't carry on in here. Ill submit a new post, AFTER, doing a search.

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quote

You made me smile, Thank you and Im sure we can help.

paradox_h2o

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote

does anybody know how to make the header fixed, so that it stays on the screen as you scroll down??? if you do can you please inform me of how to do it?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote

This thread is a year old and is related to questions about blocks, not headers.
Please start a new topic to preserve the original discussion of this thread - thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic