Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
safierdrgn
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure if downgrading is for me or not(yet).

I'm having a few problems with my site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I've had Nuke Sentinel on there since the site came up earlier this year, it's never worked correctly(never writes to .htaccess) but does send me email notifications when something goes wrong...I've always manually put IP bans in because of that.

Lately I've run into the problem of Sentinel blocking a family member from entering the site. They have not been banned by me, I've checked the .htaccess file for their IP address..it's nowhere to be found. If I disable Sentinel then they can get in, but then it keeps my login/visitors block from working.

I haven't changed anything on the site so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Now on to my REAL question...if I downgrade to 7.6 using the script and uploading the 7.6 files...are things like web links able to be saved? I have over 900 links on my site and I'm not interested in hand placing them all again. I also have banner clients and a custom footer...etc. I am relatively new at PHP/MySQL stuff so it's kinda been a dive right in and learn from there. So any input/help/beatings would be appreciated!

Thanks!
~Angela

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quote

Why are they banned? What error messages?

nukescripts.net provides a downgrader script to 7.6

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote

If properly done, yes you can keep all the weblinks and such. This site has a lot of the downgrade script you are looking for. As for your family member being blocked, Check the table in the sql database ussually called, nuke_nsnst_blocked_ips

There you should find one entry with their ip.

As for the .htaccess, make sure it is able to be written to.
Permissions should be set to 666 or whichever your hosting environment will allow your script to write to it.

Last but DEFINATLEY not least, in the sentinel admin panel, there is a place to enter the PATH to the .htaccess. This is so that sentinel can write to the .htaccess properly. Make sure that path is correct.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote

Sorry evaders, was typing at the same time lol.

safierdrgn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:23 am Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick replies!

Ok....I checked the .htaccess file it is chmod'd to 666(has been), the path on nuke sentinel is correct to both .htaccess and .staccess, annnnnd when I looked in the sql database on the nuke_nsnst_blocked_ips there was no ip that matched theirs! Fun!

What is happening is that when they try to get on the site, Sentinel is sending them to the black screen and saying they have an "invalid ip". I usually get email notifications when Sentinel tries to block someone, but for this I do not.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quote

search the forums for the term invalid ip. You will find your answers there. It has been covered many times.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
safierdrgn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quote

Thanks...I imported my IP to Country info. Now I just have to see if that fixed it.

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote

That's fine darklord ... you're usually add much more explaination than I have time for Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic