Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
HKSMustang

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote

Hello Everyone, sorry if this has been posted before, but I was not able to find it in my searches.

I set up Raven Nuke (Just Downloaded the newest one from the site a few hours ago) and all of the configuration steps went flawlessly. When I go to the site's admin page [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it loads up fine and asks for the username and password. When I enter in the username and pass and click login, it just takes me back to the login page like I never even entered anything. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

When I uploaded RavenNuke, I zipped up the html folder, uploaded the one big file and then using SSH unzipped everything making sure to overwrite anything that may have been in there from the creation of the hosting account (.htaccess was the only thing that needed to be overwritten from the RN package). Thanks for your time guys. I greatly appreciate it.

Mustang

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote

It just sounds like you have either mistyped the id or pass. Use phpMyAdmin and look at the nuke_authors table to verify the admin name. If that is correct, then reset your password by editing that record in phpMyAdmin. Remember to select the MD5 option in the dropdown box to the left of where you type your password in phpMyAdmin so it gets encrypted when you save it.

HKSMustang

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote

Username is just how I entered it. Tried changing the password like you suggested, but it did not work either. Also tried reinstalling it but still the same issue. I have read the install instructions at least 5 times now. I have done everything in them. I'm sure it something I have done wrong or a step I missed, but I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:24 am Reply with quote

Are you trying to use any special characters in your password, sometimes spaces, quotes and a few others get trashed by php before it is entered into the administration.

D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote

No, password is 8 characters, all lower case and alpha numeric.

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote

Id like to try to debug it, If you can contact me through pm on this site, e-mail, yahoo or msn, yahoo is preffered.
Ill get in there and try to debug it and show you what I did.

Thanks
D

HKSMustang

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote

I figured it out. config.php was set on mysql4. I set it to MySQL and works fine now!

gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:59 am Reply with quote

ahhh Excellent catch.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic