Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
cynical
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Hi, I am having trouble installing blocks. I download a few cool blocks, but when comes the time to install them, I upload them, then I go in my administration and then I select the block from the file name, put a title and click on "Create Block" but it never works, it doesn't show in the "Blocks Administration". Can anyone help plz?

Thank You.
Cynical

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote

What version are you using? Is it Patched? RavenNuke?

Use phpMyAdmin and post the structure of your blocks table

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:22 am Reply with quote

If Im not mistakin, You need to enter the filename of the block in the input field and also select from the drop down box, and make a title.

This may not be the case, but this is how I have always gotten my blocks up.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:59 am Reply with quote

If the block file is in the blocks directory, all that is needed is to select it from the drop down list. If you want to make a custom title for it, you can. No need to enter the filename into the content field.

What Evaders is asking for is necessary to research this further.

cynical

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote

I know, thats what I am doing... i select it from the drop down list and click on save block... but nuthing happens. And we cannot change the messages on the "HOME" page. Every time I try to change it, nothing happens. The page stays white.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:28 pm Reply with quote

a white page is NOT the same as "nothing happens"

turn error reporting on in your config.php page. then try again. see if any errors show. Also check the error log in your cpanel. Let us know what you find.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
metallica199

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Hi all i have the same error
When in the config file i put true to the display error and i try to create a new block whit upload file like a shout box that show me that

Code:
[mydomain.com] [Fri Oct 20 18:31:58 2006] [error] [client ***my ip***] Premature end of script headers: admin.php | (null) , referer: http://mydomain.com/admin.php?op=BlocksAdmin 

Error 500: Script Execution Failure

montego

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quote

cynical, please post what Evaders has asked you to post. My guess is that you have a mismatch in your installation possibly related to NSN Groups or some other hack that you have installed that has modified the nuke_blocks and nuke_messages table (and possible nuke_modules).

metallica199, I do not believe this is anything to do with each other. We are working on helping cynical at the moment, so need to keep the thread focused. You might want to open a new thread, but after search first for a possible answer.

cynical

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote

ok. I have phpnuke7.6 chatserv from raven

bid int(10) No auto_increment
bkey varchar(15) latin1_swedish_ci No
title varchar(60) latin1_swedish_ci No
content text latin1_swedish_ci No
url varchar(200) latin1_swedish_ci No
bposition char(1) latin1_swedish_ci No
weight int(10) No 1
active int(1) No 1
refresh int(10) No 0
time varchar(14) latin1_swedish_ci No 0
blanguage varchar(30) latin1_swedish_ci No
blockfile varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci No
view int(1) No 0
expire varchar(14) latin1_swedish_ci No 0
action char(1) latin1_swedish_ci No
subscription int(1) No 0

Here is what i have in my Block tables

montego

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:49 pm Reply with quote

It is as expected. Had you, by chance, upgraded an existing database to RavenNuke? I need to know what nuke version that you upgraded from too.

cynical

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote

i did not upgrade from anything... ravennuke is the first nuke that i have on my DB

montego

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote

Well, then it looks as though you did not complete all the steps within the installSQL.php step of the installation. You have no "groups" field in this table. I suspect that you also do not have it in nuke_modules and nuke_messages.

If you have not already done much work on this, it might be worthwhile starting over with the installation and make sure that you follow all the steps outlined in detail within the HowToInstall manual.

cynical

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote

umm, i don't really understand... If i'm correct, it's a problem with my tables missing some fields?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote

Those fields are added as a part of the RavenNuke 2.x.x installer. So, it appears as though you missed the NSN Groups steps of the installer.

Was this a fresh install and what version of RavenNuke? If it was the latest, which is 2.02.02, then these three tables were not altered to have the new field added.

cynical

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote

umm, i'm not so sure about the version... all i know is i install what i got from RavenNuke 7.6 ChatServ

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote

he is trying to tell you that when you did the install script something was not done, namely installing nsn groups and who knows what else. This will effect more then just your blocks. You would have to look at and fix several tables. That is why he said it would be better to redo the installation file if you have not done much with your site yet. Good luck:)

cynical

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Well, even if i re install, i won't understand... i read everything and did what i had to. All i need to know is where to get the fields and i'll add them in my tables.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:08 am Reply with quote

Quote:

i read everything and did what i had to

This is what bothers me and is why I need to know the exact versions of what you are using. Can you at least give me the exact link(s) that you used to download the distribution you are using please?

If you had done all the steps that the instructions asked you to do, and this is really a RavenNuke76 2.02.02 installation, then I am concerned why Step 2 didn't add these fields as it should have. But, if this really isn't a RavenNuke 2.x.x distro, you will have no idea what the heck I am talking about when I say "step 2".

Do you recall getting any error messages?

I am trying to help, but with so little information, I am concerned about just giving you a quick fix when it is possible that you will have even more problems later.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:10 am Reply with quote

how about this, in your original distribution files, do you have the following file:

html/INSTALLATION/sql/rn76_nsngroups.sql

cynical

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote

ok, i have uploaded those tables. And my website changed so i'm guessing it's ok. But I still can't change the message on my "HOME" page and the blocks still aren't working.

gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote

Uploaded those tables? When nsn groups is installed, it alters a few tables, Not sure how to tell you to proceed without me being afraid that you will wipe your DB.

Well Go make a backup before you run this.
Im serious bout the backup, matter of fact, do it now, while your reading this.

You still reading and not making a backup? Go make that backup already lol
Just a little humor.

Run this AFTER YOU MAKE A BACKUP

Code:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS $prefix.`_nsngr_config`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS $prefix.`_nsngr_config` ( `config_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `config_value` text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY  (`config_name`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO $prefix.`_nsngr_config` VALUES ('perpage', '50');
INSERT INTO $prefix.`_nsngr_config` VALUES ('date_format', 'Y-m-d');
INSERT INTO $prefix.`_nsngr_config` VALUES ('send_notice', '1');
INSERT INTO $prefix.`_nsngr_config` VALUES ('version_number', '1.7.1');

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS $prefix.`_nsngr_groups`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS $prefix.`_nsngr_groups` ( `gid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `gname` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `gdesc` text NOT NULL, `gpublic` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `glimit` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `phpBB` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `muid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY  (`gid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO $prefix.`_nsngr_groups` VALUES (1, 'Moderators', 'Moderators of this Forum', 0, 0, 3, 5);

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS $prefix.`_nsngr_users`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS $prefix.`_nsngr_users` ( `gid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `uid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `uname` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '', `trial` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `notice` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `sdate` int(14) NOT NULL default '0', `edate` int(14) NOT NULL default '0' ) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO $prefix.`_nsngr_users` VALUES (1, 5, '', 0, 0, 2005, 0);

ALTER TABLE $prefix.`_blocks` ADD `groups` TEXT NOT NULL AFTER `view`;
ALTER TABLE $prefix.`_message` ADD `groups` TEXT NOT NULL AFTER `view`;
ALTER TABLE $prefix.`_modules` ADD `groups` TEXT NOT NULL AFTER `view`;

Thanks evaders for the find, was thinking something completely different.

cynical

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I got everything working except for the forums. When I click on "Forums", I get this error:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'session_admin' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO nuke_bbsessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('97c06e16a6b399eef4ca37cc0d166510', '4', '1161483887', '1161483887', '18c9d3e2', '0', '1', '0')

Line : 203
File : sessions.php

How can I fix this?

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote

Post the structure of that table, the nuke_bbsessions table.

evaders99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Run this in phpMyAdmin
Code:

ALTER TABLE nuke_bbsessions ADD COLUMN session_admin tinyint(2) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

cynical

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Yeah thx, it works fine now. Everything is up and running.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic