Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
utssace
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quote

Recently, my site has started showing a white homepage in my forums admin. However, the left side control column is appearing and the options seem to work.

No site errors. However, when I checked my server error log, there are errors like this:

Code:
[Sun Oct  8 01:21:37 2006] [error] [client IP] File does not exist: /MYPATH/public_html/robots.txt

[Sun Oct  8 01:21:37 2006] [error] [client IP] File does not exist: /MYPATH/public_html/404.shtml
[Sun Oct  8 01:33:03 2006] [error] [client IP] File does not exist: /MYPATH/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php
[Sun Oct  8 01:33:03 2006] [error] [client IP] File does not exist: /MYPATH/public_html/404.shtml
[Sun Oct  8 01:33:34 2006] [error] [client IP] File does not exist: /MYPATH/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php
[Sun Oct  8 01:33:34 2006] [error] [client IP] File does not exist: /MYPATH/public_html/404.shtml
[Sun Oct  8 01:38:55 2006] [error] [client IP] File does not exist: /MYPATH/public_html/ssclan/themes/maize/forums/images/spacer.gif

I am running forum 2.0.20

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:04 am Reply with quote

These paths are more indicative of a standalone phpBB installation rather than nuke. Are you sure the error log is reporting in the same time-frame as your tests?

This would not just happen unless you have changed something or a hacker has changed something. By chance had you tried to install a forum mod of some type?

utssace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:53 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure but here is more info:

This was just an excerpt form the error log. It seems to show basically the same errors but at different times & users.

I have not modded the BB. My site was originally PHPNuke 7.8 w/forum 2.0.17.

a few months back, I downgraded to 7.6 and converted to RN. Then I upgraded the forum incrementally to the current version 2.0.20. It's been running fine until recently when I log into forums admin.

I do have a question about the forums sitepath. My site isntallation is in a subfolder called /ssclan/. My sitepath for the site is set to this folder. But not sure how it should be in the forums configuration. Currently I have this: /modules/Forums/

Could a server side DNS problem cause this? I know my cron jobs aren't working anymore and the server host said they are working on a DNS problem with the main server.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:14 am Reply with quote

No dns cannot create or have anything to do with this particular issue, montegos diagnosis is valid, I agree that this seems like a phpbb standalone, when you upgraded, did you use standard phpbb ugrade package or nukephpbb upgrade?

yes theres a diference and its major. Please grab the nukephpbb pakage(whole) and overwrite all FILES and not the sql.
See if that helps.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, that would have to be the BBtoNuke upgrade files. I think those can be found at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Definitely looks like you have stand alone phpBB files instead of the bbToNuke ones but I'm suprised you are *only* getting those errors.
Is the them you are using for nuke or are you using a phpBB forum template?

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Thats the word I was looking for bbtonuke killing me

utssace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote

Well I double checked the packages I used and it was BBtoNuke upgrades. I keep a backup of all the packages I install.

I used upgrades 18, 19 & 20.

Maybe I need to redo them Confused

utssace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:06 am Reply with quote

If I reinstall, how should I proceed.

Should I get the whole 2.0.20 package and install over my current forum installation, or do I use upgrades?

Also, with me running latest RN, (forum came with it) are there any special code changes that I would need to make for RN?

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:16 am Reply with quote

If you downloaded them from nukeresources you should have the correct files but there are no full packages, each release only includes the required files to upgrade from one version to the next.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote

The bottom line is that RavenNuke 2.02.02 is BBtoNuke 2.0.20 and you have to get your existing db to that level. It might be worth dumping the structure of the nuke_bb* tables from RavenNuke to a file and then what you currently have and compare the two to see where you might be off.

I am just not following where your database is at now.

utssace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:19 am Reply with quote

Still white page...

but this time when I go to admin index it is slow loading and I finally get a forum homepage with this message:

Version Information
Unable to open connection to phpBB Server, reported error is:
Resource temporarily unavailable

sounds like it's trying to get info from phpbb and isn't working.

Again the left panel with all the forum functions work.

utssace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:35 am Reply with quote

I thought I remember having this problem back when I was running Nuke 7.8.

I seem to remember changing some code or something that stoped the server check that phpBB does when you load the forum admin.php file.

Any ideas?

montego

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote

Take a look at modules/Forums/admin/index.php

I believe the code that is doing that check is here:

Code:
   // Check for new version

$current_version = explode('.', '2' . $board_config['version']);
   $minor_revision = (int) $current_version[2];

$errno = 0;
   $errstr = $version_info = '';

if ($fsock = @fsockopen('www.phpbb.com', 80, $errno, $errstr, 10))
   {
      @fputs($fsock, "GET /updatecheck/20x.txt HTTP/1.1\r\n");
      @fputs($fsock, "HOST: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
      @fputs($fsock, "Connection: close\r\n\r\n");

$get_info = false;
      while (!@feof($fsock))
      {
         if ($get_info)
         {
            $version_info .= @fread($fsock, 1024);
         }
         else
         {
            if (@fgets($fsock, 1024) == "\r\n")
            {
               $get_info = true;
            }
         }
      }
      @fclose($fsock);

$version_info = explode("\n", $version_info);
      $latest_head_revision = (int) $version_info[0];
      $latest_minor_revision = (int) $version_info[2];
      $latest_version = (int) $version_info[0] . '.' . (int) $version_info[1] . '.' . (int) $version_info[2];

if ($latest_head_revision == 2 && $minor_revision == $latest_minor_revision)
      {
         $version_info = '<p style="color:green">' . $lang['Version_up_to_date'] . '</p>';
      }
      else
      {
         $version_info = '<p style="color:red">' . $lang['Version_not_up_to_date'];
         $version_info .= '<br />' . sprintf($lang['Latest_version_info'], $latest_version) . ' ' . sprintf($lang['Current_version_info'], '2' . $board_config['version']) . '</p>';
      }

Comment out the lines of code -- as much as is needed to get the desired results.

utssace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote

Thanks montego.....that fixed it for me. Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic