Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
JTD
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote

I am trying to create a new survey. And when I do and hit submit. It tosses me to a blank page and does not submit the survey. What could cause this.?? I am using this version of nuke. RavenNuke76(tm) Version 2.02.02

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:57 am Reply with quote

What have you changed? I am able to do this just fine with 2.02.02. Had you possibility installed a different patch level?

manunkind
Client

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:20 am Reply with quote

There was an older problem of using an apostrophe in the poll that would blow it up.

For example:

What's - would blow up like that.
What is - would go through fine.

Not sure if this has been fixed or not in the newer Patch files.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quote

manunkind, thank you so much! I had forgotten all about that. Yes, this IS an issue with 2.02.02. I just checked. This will be fixed in 2.10.00 shortly and I will also post the fix here!

Thanks for reminding me!!!! Wink

montego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quote

Here is the thread from manunkind:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

manunkind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:39 am Reply with quote

No problem. I'm not sure if this is JTD's problem or not, but I just wanted to bring that up just in case.

JTD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:01 am Reply with quote

I have not changed anything. This is the raven version straight out of the box. I have added a mod or two. But nothing that affects any of the survey files.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:32 am Reply with quote

the ' will do that to the polls. Try to post without the apostraphe.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
JTD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote

I am not useing any apostraphe's at all.

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:17 am Reply with quote

Have you used the survey function on the site before? Or is this the first time you are posting a survey?
If it is the first time ever you are using the Survey module, you may want to re-upload the files in the Survey module again; maybe there is a corrupt file.

If you've used Survey's before without a problem, then it has to be specific with what you are posting, like apostrophes.

I wonder if Sentinel would block certain words, (like "union") like it does when you post stories....

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote

What exactly are you trying to post as a survey, apostraphe's are not the only thing that will break the syntax, a call to stripslashes would probably solve this or is it addslashes, not sure, Ill try to fix it but simply put it needs to be escaped before those will work, but special characters are the issue and if your not using special characters at all then your problem would be as srhh has already stated.

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote

It is addslashes Smile

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
JTD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quote

Yes I have used the survey before. Although not since I converted to ravens version of nuke. As to what I am trying for a survey this is it below.

How Did You Find This Site

Friend

Other Website

I was Invited

Search Engine

Other

srhh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote

What version were you running before?
It may still be a corrupted file that happened during the upload or a conflict between RN and your previous version.

JTD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote

To answer your question I was useing 7.9. Now I think i know the problem. I migrated the poll part of the old database into the new database and I dont think ravens version likes it. So if someone here was useing RavenNuke76(tm) Version 2.02.02 And would send me a copy of just there poll database. I could clean it up and upload it and replace mine.

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:59 am Reply with quote

that is not your issue. I posted a fix to this in the forums before. Please search my user name and you should find it. It is due to the downgrade script. It leaves things in the database that do not belong. This should solve your issue.

JTD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
that is not your issue. I posted a fix to this in the forums before. Please search my user name and you should find it. It is due to the downgrade script. It leaves things in the database that do not belong. This should solve your issue.

Actually this was a clean install. I just migrated the old poll part of the db to the new one. But i will search your name and read about this downgrade. And try it.

jaded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote

before adding your db tables to your rn site you should have run the downgrade script on it.

JTD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
before adding your db tables to your rn site you should have run the downgrade script on it.

If i had known about it i would have. But it is working now thanks to jaded.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:13 pm Reply with quote

Turns out that the apostrophe's issue was addressed in the 3.2b/3.3 patchset from Chatserv. You can simply replace modules/Survey/admin/index.php with the patch version and it seems to work fine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic