Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
waka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote

Hi All

Does anyone, who knows the details of PHP Nuke coding, know of any problem using the single appostophy in a username. Firstly, I don't think it's possible with the default character limitations and secondly, if able to include as a usable character, will it conflict with coding?

Any ideas?

Regards,

JC

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote

You can add the single quote to the allowed characters that the username will accept, however I don't know if the rest of the system is designed to use it. Try it and see

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote

Good question. I just tried it on a test 2.02 system I have. I could create username jone's okay. But when I logged in what I wound up with was:

"Welcome jone\\\\\\\'s!"

up on the top line of the fisubice theme.

I don't think I'd experiment further with this unless there is some overriding reason to have the ' in there. Incidentally, same behavior on a RN 2.10 system I'm testing. I'd just stay away from this unless I were masochistic.

evaders99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Mmm must be an addslashes thing. I bet it is used redundantly on the username name

waka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:54 am Reply with quote

Hi fkelly

That's why I asked. Because I didn't know if you could login with normal username including the ' or if you have to login using the parsed ////' version of the username. I will keep clear of this.

How about # and .

I don't see major problem here but I'm not the guru.

Cheers,

JC

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:03 am Reply with quote

Theoretically the code should be able to handle special characters. But I think its just disallowed as not to cause problems

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote

As to addslashes ... it doesn't appear to be used at all. The name that's stored in the database is jone's. That's Joneapostrophes. I'd think that with addslashes it would be stored as Jone\'s. ? Haven't tested that. Then stripslashes would return Jone's.

I haven't had a chance to look at your account.php yet but I bet they never anticipated that usage. Still the code should be there in case.

Why it is returned as jone\\\\\\\'s is beyond me. Perhaps to exemplify garbage in garbage out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic