Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
Bluezzz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote

I'm using RN76 2.02.02, my question is, and yes I read the *don't change copyright* info ...

Is it too much to ask to be able to change the copyright (in footer, found in meta.php) from one looooooooooooooong line to two medium lines? From one massive line ...

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.

To two smaller lines like ...

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL.
PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.

Is that too much to ask??? Hmmm?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote

I'd just change it to one small line: PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi.

The rest of the stuff is fluff.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Just add a line break, enough done.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Bluezzz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies : o}

It's not *legal* to change it to just a short line LOL, and I respect that! I tried to put it on it's own line but it didn't work, I didn't try the br command because it's a php page and not an html page. How do I make a line break?

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Text is text, no harm was done by adding a line break. The copyright is still in place and intact.

You can just edit your config table to modify the copyright

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote

OK good, now, where is this config table and how do I edit it to add a break in the line? LOL

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:58 am Reply with quote

It's perfectly legal to change the displayed copyright on your site. You can even remove it completely from your site and from the code (although I think it's dishonorable). What you cannot do is remove the copyright from the source code and redistribute the source code.

For example, look at the install function included in version 8.0. This came from Joomla. Is Joomla in the displayed copyrights? It is in the source code.

Not trying to start a debate about this, as it has been hashed over many times.

To answer the last question, just insert
Code:
<br/>
in the config.php file inside the copyright text.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote

oh so the slash is behind the br? whodathunk!? I tried < /br > (less the spaces of course LOL ... ok so you are saying as long as I leave the code IN the meta.php file I can make it invisible? or even shorten what is seen and make the rest invisible?

I just don't want to infringe on his copyright, I respect it and I agree it's not something to be debated. My copyright, the one I want to change is in the bottom of the meta.php file btw (but I'll also look in the config.php).

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Nope, the copyright I'm referring to kguske is the copyright that shows at the very bottom of the page ... it's no where in my config.php file, the only place I've seen it is in the meta.php file. I'm not referring to anything that doesn't show on the page but the way-to-long-copyright-text that shows at the bottom of the page(s).

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Folks ... I cannot find where 'o where that is in any file : o/ As stated above, the *sentence* (in the footer, I assume footer 4 since it cannot be altered from the Admin Preferences even) I want to simply put a line break is:

PHP-Nuke Copyright (c) 2004 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL (http://phpnuke.org/files/gpl.txt). PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license (http://phpnuke.org/files/gpl.txt).

I want two distinct sentences, not one looooooooong one. I thought it was in meta.php but any change I try to make in that file appears to have NO effect. Nor do I find it in config.php ... HELP!?

evaders99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote

It is in your config table, use phpMyAdmin to edit it

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote

I don't know how to edit in config table LOL ... isn't there a file I can just *fix* and then reupload? : o/

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:07 pm Reply with quote

No sorry.
But having said that you might be able to use a sql UPDATE statement.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:24 pm Reply with quote

I'm not that savy hun, no clue what to do here LOL

evaders99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote

Learn how to use phpMyAdmin, that will safe you a lot of future headaches [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote

I have a phpMyAdmin tutorial on my own site via my phpMyAdmin area. I've perused Raven's How To ... but I'm sorry to say this doesn't really help me since I'm not a programmer, and not overly code savvy. I have no clue how to edit a config table without probably messing it up. If it's that difficult to answer this question I'll just leave the silly looooooooooooooooooong line credit as is I guess. Thanks anyway.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic