Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
izone
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:14 am Reply with quote

New ver. is out now but no new Forums-module yet! Confused
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:18 am Reply with quote

No suprises there then Wink

izone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:20 am Reply with quote

Here is the changlog:

Quote:

PHP-Nuke: Advanced Content Management System
============================================

September 2006: Version 8.0
===========================
- Several cosmetic changes has been made in the News administration
- Added a Publish Now function for all Scheduled News listed in the main administration area
- Banners list in Advertising administration module now are ordered by position and banner name
- Advertising clients list is now ordered by client name in Advertising module's administration
- Forums, Members List and Private Messages modules are now not so dependent from core system.
Many files has been moved from /includes/ folder to /modules/Forums/includes/
- Added new BBtoNuke (phpBB Forums port) version 2.20
- Removed useless and not working search engine links from Downloads and Web Links modules
search result pages
- Added a new function in mainfile called info_box() which creates a nice message box with a
related graphic.
Values for the graphic (located in /images/system folder) are: warning, caution, tip and note
- Cosmetic changes to Surveys module. Last 5 polls block now goes under the current results block
- Minor cosmetic changes to Feedback module
- Minor cosmetic changes to Add New Download form display in Downloads module
- Minor cosmetic changes to IP Ban system list display
- Several cosmetic changes in Submit News module
- Added duplicate title and story text check in news submissions
- Added a new DoS/Flood attack protection that prevents multiple pages views in few seconds
- Cosmetic changes to Downloads module administration.
- Changed the display list method of new submitted files in Downloads module administration by
a single selection with the title and a separated validation page for each new file has been added
- Added installation system in /install/ folder. (Based on Joomla Web Installer)
- Fixed a bug in the client login function in Advertising module (Thanks to keg01)
- Increased Advertising client cookie life from 1 hour to 24 hours
- Minor optimizations in HTTP Referers system display
- Fixed a bad use of define(INSIDE_MOD) in the mainfile.php that made useless this feature
- Added a new redirection system to be used by admin to not reveal as referer the admin filename
when clicking on a link

Still nothing about patches or better security! Shocked

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:28 am Reply with quote

I wish I could do 2 hours work in a year and call it a new release.
I also noted it is the 'Final' release. This concept will take some getting used to as I'm familiar with code actually being tested (Alpha) then fixed and released (Beta) then further bug fixes before 'Final'. This concept of Alpha code being a 'Final' release will take some time to get my head around.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:28 am Reply with quote

If anyone hs a copy, please PM me alink

izone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:33 am Reply with quote

Quote:

This concept will take some getting used to as I'm familiar with code actually being tested (Alpha) then fixed and released (Beta) then further bug fixes before 'Final'.

Guardian2003, Well, that is for when you want to see what user's and expert's have to say about your scripts! But in phpnuke.org who cares about what anybody else has to say about releases?? ROTFL Cheers

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:04 am Reply with quote

anybody warned chatserv yet,and the rest.... killing me
Price went up huh...from $10 to $12 lol

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:48 am Reply with quote

yeah give me a link to...... Laughing

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:51 am Reply with quote

The only interesting (or even substantial) thing is the installer, based on Joomla. Prediction: the lack of testing and security on this will cause significant issues for everyone else to fix / support.

The forums changes appear to be positioning for removal or replacement.

Too bad he didn't add support for Google search in the web links and downloads modules, instead of simply removing the outdated links to search engines. Even better, add a simple mechanism for allowing webmasters to configure those links so they can be changed without requiring a new release. Ah well, with so many significant improvements, who has the time?

This one made me laugh, then cry:
Quote:
Added a new redirection system to be used by admin to not reveal as referer the admin filename when clicking on a link

A header refresh is a "redirection system" to prevent the authors of the software you trust to run on your site from seeing your admin file name which you have to hide because built-in security is inadequate.
Bang Head

As for the planned meta tags management enhancement:
Quote:
I lost almost a complete year moving

Guess I should add META tags by module and / or dynamic META tags to nukeSEO in the next year...

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:55 am Reply with quote

ok kguske grab a coffee now.. killing me

(anyone pm me a D-link)

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quote

I feel bad for all the poor fools out there that will rush to upgrade to it thinking that it will protect them. They will be flooding the support sites soon enough with " I upgraded to 8 and now x, y, and z do not work anymore. HELP!!!!!!" So, I suppose that we should all get ready for that, lol. Rolling Eyes

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote

well how about this...
for any 8.0 support a $10 donation here is required, we will use the funds to buy coffee... killing me

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote

lmao. I believe it will be an issue as most of us will have no idea what that version is about as none of us would use it. I imagine it will be an issue on many support sites.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:59 am Reply with quote

Yea doesn't look like anything fresh.
"DoS/Flood attack protection" ... we'll see if that does anything, not likely

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote

hitwalker, how about the consultant's drink of choice: rum and Jolt? (Jolt is a cola that advertises twice the caffeine and twice the sugar of regular colas). Either way, we'll need something!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quote

well free choice of consumption ...
i dont drink anymore so ill stick to coffee... Laughing

izone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:38 am Reply with quote

Has anybody got it yet?

Please don't forget to pm me the link! Thanks!

And here is for you kguske,

and rum will be served when I finish my move to Columbia! ROTFL

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:16 am Reply with quote

Check the downloads section here if you haven't already.

amber222
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:15 am Reply with quote

It appears Forum Admin may not work in 8.0:

Admin Problem [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote

This is probably a path issue related to the author moving some of the files from the nuke includes folder to the modules/Forums/include folder.

Sadly, like many others, I do not use any version above 7.6 so I'll keep my fingers crossed someone finds a fix for you.

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Yep my guess its the includes. Good luck debuging 8.0

amber222

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Sadly, like many others, I do not use any version above 7.6 so I'll keep my fingers crossed someone finds a fix for you.

A fix for them... I only posted that link as an FYI since I saw this topic. I also use 7.6 and have no intentions of upgrading except to Ravennuke.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote

LOL well thanks for the FYI it is reasurring to know FB has not changed Smile

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:17 am Reply with quote

I'm married to Ravennuke at this point and plan to continue to stay that way. Several years back when I first started with Nuke I downloaded to orginal copy from the "Source". I was hacked twice in the first couple months. The last time I wiped it out and started over. Been here ever since. Other than 1 redirect that got through PhPBB I have been solid ever since.

IMHO.....If the support community followed RavenNuke instead of FBs they would have a lot less headaches and FBs version would fall by the wayside as the baddly coded, insecure POS it truely is.

Just my .02

Dawg

arnoldkrg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote

Sorry, too many page loads in so little time.

If you see this message when trying to open the Forums admin page, it is caused by the new antiflood/dos attack prevention system. This writes the user's ip address and the microtime of the page load to the nuke_antiflood table each time the user loads a page. If there are 3 page loads in 2 seconds, the antiflood dies the script and puts up the "Sorry, too many page loads in so little time" message. Unfortunately, there are 4 page loads to view the Forums admin page. Each frame counts as a page load and they add up to four. So whenever you view the Forums admin page you exceed the limit and the page shuts down with the message. So the page loads criterium is too severe for the Forums admin page. (I cant believe they didnt test this)

Solution. In includes/ipban.php find near the bottom:
Code:
if ($numrow >= 3) {

echo "<br><br><center><b>Sorry, too many page loads in so little time!</b></center>";
   die();
}

and change to:
Code:
if ($numrow >= 5) {

echo "<br><br><center><b>Sorry, too many page loads in so little time!</b></center>";
   die();
}

This will allow sufficient page loads to view the frames in Forums admin, without disabling the antiflood system altogether.

Last edited by arnoldkrg on Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic