Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
Bluezzz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote

Does anyone have Christmas themes that work both in phpNuke (RavenNuke76) AND phpBB2? If you do would you be willing to share them? I have a Christian site for which I have one theme (found on phpBB) but I'd like two or three more matching themes. I cannot afford to pay for them ... sorry.

I have found several that are one or the other but I'd like them to be both. And I'd prefer the format so they can be viewed nicely with blocks on both sides (for phpNuke) and possibly even animated snowflakes or something. I'd also like them set up so they are centered in a page no matter how the page is sized, I've noticed some themes when at 800x600 are not centered on a page, they go off in the distance to the right.

A Thanksgiving or two would be nice too but again matching forums theme too.

If no one has these to share is there any way to take the two I've found at phpBB and make them phpNuke 76 compatible? I have no idea how to do that. The two Christmas ones I found at phpBB are: Christmas and snowSilver but neither of these have matching for main site.

Thanks in advance!

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote

You will need a phpnuke theme or a BBtoNuke theme with matching forum template.
Forget phpBB themes it is too much work converting them if you are not familiar with PHP/theme design.

I have a Christmas theme somewhere I have not deleted it complete with matching forum template and sounds!

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote

You've lost me on phpBB verses BBtoNuke ... I often see phpNuke *ported* but I really don't know the exact terminology for how to match the main site theme with the forum theme. All I know is I have RavenNuke 76 2.02.02 ... and whatever kind of bb goes with that. From phpBB I got several themes that match in both the main php site and the forums ... they all rock and only needed slight modifications by me (for instance getting the right block to show).

That in mind, what exactly did you say above? LOL Are you saying that I'm not using phpBB but rather something called BBtoNuke and that's the matching themes I need to look for ... and if so, where do I look?

And yes please, if you have an Xmas site/forum theme I'd love to have it as long as it works in RavenNuke76 for both the site and the forums (not sure what the exact terminology of that is ... sorry). Kewl about the sounds btw ... I've not heard of that LOL

Hugzzz

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quote

phpBB and phpBB2 is a stand alone forum. The port (read 'port' as 'modified to work with') of phpBB which is used in phpnuke or Raven Nuke is often referered to as BBtoNuke.
As soon as I get some free time I'll track down my Christmas theme if I still have it archived.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 am Reply with quote

I have this one which has a forum theme. You may have to modify it some
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
jaded

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

here are a couple of others.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I guess I need to search for BBtoNuke themes/styles?

Thanks for the theme jaded, I have d/l several of yours but they didn't have matching forums and for ease sake that's what I'm looking for : o} I appreciate your help!

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Oh, and I had incorrectly posted previously, the theme packs I'm using are from NukeMods and they all (about 7 so far) work great! But I could only find one for XMAS and that was NMChristmas ... it's a lovely theme, for which I added falling snowFlakes from the snowSilver theme that isn't ported LOL ... sure wish I could use those too! Anyway ... I guess ported BBtoNuke themes is what I'm looking for and yes I have had to tweak all of the ones by changing logo, fixing so right blocks show, changed all font sizes to 12, added info in file when I changed the theme and what site it's under, etc. I have to say I'm surprised there aren't more xmasy *ported* themes!?

Guardian, the theme you are referring to, is it by MTechnik by chance? I found one of his (all red with two ornaments on the logo, plus flash, etc ... as is his usual lovely style) ... I LOVE his themes, they so rock! My fav of his is Mtechnik_Ultra (Flash where you can change the style colors, has lovely flash, music, etc) but unfortunately it's not ported to BBtoNuke : o/ I sure would love to have that one for forums, besides main site. But I'm sticking to only themes that are for both so I have to leave that one out.

If you are talking about that theme Guardian ... it has something in it called Theme CP that you have to install ... although I'm interested in using that theme I'm sorta scared to install the Theme CP thing ... I don't know what it is for one thing LOL, not sure I'd need it or what? I found that theme at http://NukeCode.com!

*Thinks Jaded isn't readin her PMs* ... Hugzzz

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote

I have not had a chance to go looking for it yet but it plays 'Jingle Bell Rock' - I just don't remember the name of it. I only installed it a few years ago as the tune used to drive my wife mad.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Now look what you made me do, my wife is shouting at me because I'm humming that tune again lol.
I found it and it is
Xmas2 theme pack for nuke 6.5 & up
Copyright (c) 2003 by Mtechnik [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I gave her the link for that up there ^^. Hopefully it will work for her. The reason that there are not many holiday themes is because they take a long time to make and most people are not very appreciative of that hard work that goes into making them. Also, I only make a forum skin on paid themes as they take a long time to make. I have in fact posted forum topics before asking for input on holiday themes and gotten almost zero response. That makes me assume that no one is interested:)

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote

I did get that Mtec theme d/l from you Jade, thanks : o}

I am also using a free theme from an italian site, the theme is called WL_Xmas and is a lovely blue theme. I've got it working pretty good except I need to resolve some *minor issues* ...

1) Fix footer so that the bottom graphics show centered as they should, including bottom blue line that ends the table before the footer, as well as the fact that
that whole table seems to be shifted right some starting from the bottom of the
header section. I have a footer from another theme at the moment because the original was misaligned, stacked up on the right side, not evenly centered at the bottom.

2) Fix French/Spanish to English date/time on top left. I can't find the file where the code is calling for the date/time : o/

3) Deeper into the forums the header is smaller than the table body for the
pages. No clue how to fix this!?

4) Forums should have left blocks, not really needed since there is a HOME
graphic/link, but all my other themes show left blocks for ease of navigation.

If you'd like to see the theme in action so far, my site is

http://www.phoenixalive.org/

You will have to join to see the Theme Preview block (bottom left side) as it's available to Members only ... sorry. Any help/guidance would be appreciated! Thanks ...

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote

Mtechnic's site is offline unfortunately ... I think he ran into the same thing Jade is saying, alot of hard work and no *thanks* ... I believe I had read on his site that people were actually STEALING his themes ... not sure how one would do that but it's a shame, seems to have driven him right out of the nuke community. He did such lovely themes, my fav of his was Mtechnic_Ultra which had a flash header, a nice soothing tune, beautiful blue but could change it to other colors ... no forums tho, if it had forums I'd be using it today! I do use it on my older site but unfortunately can't do on this newer site.

Mtechnic ... if you are reading ... you WERE appreciated! You ARE missed! Hugzzz

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote

OK I installed Mtec's Xmas2, lovely theme, fun : o} Install went without a hitch, works great on my RN76. I only had to change it so the right blocks showed up. Aside from that there's one minor glitch and that's that the 2nd line where you can enter words to scroll doesn't appear to work ... or I don't get what the 2nd and 3rd lines are for/do. Anyone know?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic