Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
esuk-phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:18 am Reply with quote

I am running the latest version of RavenNuke and my private messeging has gone to pot.

When a messege is sent it there is no guarantee it will go to the correct person and to just 1 person ????

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:33 am Reply with quote

Welcome.

Private messages should only be visible to the intended recipient. A notification that the message exists should only be emailed to the intended recipient.

What's happening on your site?

esuk-phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote

People are receiving PM`s that have not been sent to them ??

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote

Via email, on the site, or both? I would check the database to see if there are issues (analyze, repair, etc.). Have any modifications been made? Very strange.

esuk-phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote

No modifications have been made to the messeging side of the forums and the problems are coming from the private messeges side of things.

I checked the DB and several times it said there was an error because the user did not close the table down ???

I repaired it and got rid of the errors, do you think this was the problem, I do not want to reactivate messeging if you think not .. :0(

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:49 am Reply with quote

I suppose that could cause it. I'd recommend testing it with a dummy message (you can disable quickly if the recipient doesn't receive it).

esuk-phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:43 am Reply with quote

TYVM for the help, I will try it and keep you posted .. ;0)

esuk-phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:58 am Reply with quote

Hmm, Seriously not working. I had 2 of us on the website and I sent a PM to this user. He received a PM from me that did not contain the info I put in.

He then sent me a PM back which resulted in the same.

Yet when we checked the sentbox it showed not what we had sent but what the recipient had actually received ??

How strange !!

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Unless you have a mod that contains the message detail, it should only contain a link.

Until the recipient reads (receives) it, it won't show in the sent box. Confused - how is what you sent different than what the recipient received?

esuk-phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Unless you have a mod that contains the message detail, it should only contain a link.

Until the recipient reads (receives) it, it won't show in the sent box. Confused - how is what you sent different than what the recipient received?

I sent him a PM titled Test with the contents Test ...

He recieved a PM titled Test but the contents were from a previous PM sent by someone else to a different recipient ??

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quote

that is DEFINITELY messed up! I would look at the database tables more closely. Something (like an auto increment field) is messed up.

esuk-phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:42 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
that is DEFINITELY messed up! I would look at the database tables more closely. Something (like an auto increment field) is messed up.

TBH that is way over my head m8 .. Crying or Very sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic